Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Toyota and Gazoo Racing posted some new promo videos! Advertisement has been on point in my opinion, here’s most of the videos you can enjoy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just here waiting for Toyota to announce the price already! :ROFLMAO:
It’s going to be pretty soon I’m sure and very similar to the BRZ price. It’s 8-6 day so Toyota is going crazy with the GR86 advertising

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
It’s going to be pretty soon I’m sure and very similar to the BRZ price. It’s 8-6 day so Toyota is going crazy with the GR86 advertising
They should've taken the opportunity to announce the price today lol.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
In Australia, Toyota just made an announcement that they will make an release date announcement in the last quarter (min October)...

A bit unusual to announce announcements! but I guess its going to be an early 2022 thing for us now. I deposited back in November 2020!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Australia, Toyota just made an announcement that they will make an release date announcement in the last quarter (min October)...

A bit unusual to announce announcements! but I guess its going to be an early 2022 thing for us now. I deposited back in November 2020!
I’m actually not against the long holdout. A piece of me wants it to hit dealers around the same time they possibly reveal the “GR Corolla” or whatever Toyota’s been cooking up.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts

I have a feeling that 2022 versions will have such a short year. The next thing you know the 2023 version will already be announced.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
I have a feeling that 2022 versions will have such a short year. The next thing you know the 2023 version will already be announced.
Over here we name the model number of the year its released. So ours will be called a 2022 :)

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
Over here we name the model number of the year its released. So ours will be called a 2022 :)
From my limited knowledge of cars lol, I believe they always sell the next year's car in the current year. So if it's right now 2021, they would sell the 2022 version. In 2022, they will sell the 2023 version probably mid way/close to the end of the year. I could be wrong though lol.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
From my limited knowledge of cars lol, I believe they always sell the next year's car in the current year. So if it's right now 2021, they would sell the 2022 version. In 2022, they will sell the 2023 version probably mid way/close to the end of the year. I could be wrong though lol.
That's a system from an old US law (surprised Canada does it too?)

The rest of the world does it by the year its released.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
That's a system from an old US law (surprised Canada does it too?)

The rest of the world does it by the year its released.
Apparently? lol. I just checked my local Toyota Dealer website, you can buy a 2022 Prius right now that's in stock. So I would guess that'd be the case too here in Canada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts