Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to get the Premium MT GR86 and from the photos of the chassis bumper it seems it is missing the front/rear parking sensors. That would be a significant downside for me, since I plan to daily the car in the city, with frequent parking into tight parking lots.

Can the fresh owners of different trims of GR86 or BRZ 2022 confirm if any package comes equipped with front/rear parking sensors? Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they are only on the automatics I believe
You are probably right, some cars have the circular crevices on the rear bumper and some do not. I did not see any sensors in the front mask, so maybe there is no front proximity indication at all, only rear?

So the deciding factor for the sensors will be probably automatic vs. manual, not base vs. premium, which is silly. Anybody else can confirm?

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
959 Posts
You are probably right, some cars have the circular crevices on the rear bumper and some do not. I did not see any sensors in the from mask, so maybe there is no front proximity indication at all, only rear?

So the deciding factor for the sensors will be probably automatic vs. manual, not base vs. premium, which is silly. Anybody else can confirm?
Cracking up at "circular crevices"

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
After studying several pictures, it seems the premium AT trim comes with all the bells and whistles, including rear camera and sensors. On the other hand, premium MT comes at least with the rear camera, so we get at least something to safely park into tight spots. But I'm quite baffled, why the so called "premium" trim with the manual doesn't include something so basic as parking sensors, that even cheap economy cars from several years ago come equipped with?

Maybe Toyota/Subaru view the manual transmission as the most purist driver variant, stripping any electronic gizmo that could hinder that experience? Or why else would you bring a "premium" package and strip it of basics?

On the plus side, without the circular crevices sensor holes in the bumper the car looks better and much easier to apply surface treatment like hard wax :cool:

·
Registered
2022 Pavement GR86 , 2019 Shelby GT350R
959 Posts
After studying several pictures, it seems the premium AT trim comes with all the bells and whistles, including rear camera and sensors. On the other hand, premium MT comes at least with the rear camera, so we get at least something to safely park into tight spots. But I'm quite baffled, why the so called "premium" trim with the manual doesn't include something so basic as parking sensors, that even cheap economy cars from several years ago come equipped with?

Maybe Toyota/Subaru view the manual transmission as the most purist driver variant, stripping any electronic gizmo that could hinder that experience? Or why else would you bring a "premium" package and strip it of basics?

On the plus side, without the circular crevices sensor holes in the bumper the car looks better and much easier to apply surface treatment like hard wax :cool:

We'll all get rear view cameras, but I'm just learning that we won't have rear parking sensors. To me the rear camera seems to serve that purpose and makes the parking sensor almost un-necessary.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luckily, for US owners the legislative mandates rear cameras and maybe even other amenities. I'm biting my fingernails about the configuration for EU market, hopefully the MT Premium package will come at least with the rear camera too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.