Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

If your first color choice is unavailable, will you be flexible?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Rave Black Base Model
96 Posts
Im open to multiple colors, my heart is dead set on black, but would take Trueno Blue or even the Steel Grey if say i cant get it in that color by end of january.

I didnt think the grey would look good at first based upon configurator, but actual pics have won me over.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im open to multiple colors, my heart is dead set on black, but would take Trueno Blue or even the Steel Grey if say i cant get it in that color by end of january.

I didnt think the grey would look good at first based upon configurator, but actual pics have won me over.
My first choice is Track bRed, but my second choice is Raven and then Pavement

·
Registered
In line for a 22 Neptune Blue GR86 Manual
135 Posts
No for me. Almost half of the reason I sold my last car was for the neptune blue

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm only taking Halo White or Neptune Blue but not sure which one I want more though.

Neptune Blue was my 1st pick when I leased a GT86 but wasn't an option so I had to get Halo White, which I was still very happy with.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Track bRed or nothing for me. I'm okay with waiting 'til April or even May, as I want the Premium, and the Pilot Sport 4s will be worthless where I live, until late spring anyways, and I have no desire to change the tires immediately. I have other cars with winter tires so not going to put them on my sports car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I stand behind waiting to get what you want. Being flexible is great but you’ll always have the “I wish I had gotten the color / options I wanted” in the back of your mind. Just because allocations / production are currently weird definitely doesn’t mean you should settle for something you don’t love right of the bat. Idk maybe that’s just my own mentality

·
Registered
405 Posts
I stand behind waiting to get what you want. Being flexible is great but you’ll always have the “I wish I had gotten the color / options I wanted” in the back of your mind. Just because allocations / production are currently weird definitely doesn’t mean you should settle for something you don’t love right of the bat. Idk maybe that’s just my own mentality
Totally agree with you. I learned this lesson with bicycles; when money was more of an issue I went with a lower line bike out of convenience and cost and later regretted not getting exactly the one I wanted. Don't let impatience stop you from getting exactly what your heart and head tell you you want.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Totally agree with you. I learned this lesson with bicycles; when money was more of an issue I went with a lower line bike out of convenience and cost and later regretted not getting exactly the one I wanted. Don't let impatience stop you from getting exactly what your heart and head tell you you want.
That’s cool. I really want a GR Supra, but can’t afford one, even a used one. I’m sure some part of me will regret not buying one, but I have to be realistic. The GR86 will be an improvement over my 2013 Prius, so there’s that.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
That’s cool. I really want a GR Supra, but can’t afford one, even a used one. I’m sure some part of me will regret not buying one, but I have to be realistic. The GR86 will be an improvement over my 2013 Prius, so there’s that.
I also wanted the Supra (6 cyl) - but it's a hard sell with other cars in that rough price range.

I really, really wanted a M2 comp - but I still have BMW repair PTSD. Don't feel like paying to fix two of them.

Reactions: Stephenm

·
Registered
Awaiting a 2022 GR86 premium in Trueno blue
116 Posts
I don't know if if it's the same where u are but all the cars I see nowadays in my area are some shade of white/greys/black

It's become a boring world in terms of car colors on the road so automatically I vetoed any of those. That left my track bred, trueno blue , Neptune blue.
I've always like blue,
Neptune blue is a tad flashy for me so I chose trueno.
/life story of color color choice Hahaha

From pics I've seen, trueno blue really pops in the sun, can't wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know if if it's the same where u are but all the cars I see nowadays in my area are some shade of white/greys/black

It's become a boring world in terms of car colors on the road so automatically I vetoed any of those. That left my track bred, trueno blue , Neptune blue.
I've always like blue,
Neptune blue is a tad flashy for me so I chose trueno.
/life story of color color choice Hahaha

From pics I've seen, trueno blue really pops in the sun, can't wait to see it in person.
I wish Toyota offered something along the lines of the Nitro Yellow they offer for the Supra or an Orange like the new Civic. It would be nice if they offered a different color besides black for the interior. If I go with the Raven exterior, I will have an all black car. Track bRed is my first choice.

·
Registered
Awaiting a 2022 GR86 premium in Trueno blue
116 Posts
Yeah they didn't have a yellow for first gen either, yellow is a rare color for anything these days.
For the most part they went with real safe colors on this car at launch, Neptune blue is as "wild" as it gets.
Maybe in later years they'll add other colors to the roster

Track bRed is really nice

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.