Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Halo White Toyota GR86 6MT
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always a great time driving around downtown San Diego
The homeless population just makes everything feel so safe and welcoming…
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

Now let’s see how long it takes for a new OEM replacement to be tracked down. Probably driving my daughters Fit for a while 😤

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR 86, Pavement Grey, Premium, MT
426 Posts
Might be lucky in CA for glass. I heard over here on the east coast it was a month to two month wait.👎👎

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Did u piss off a bum?
Apparently I was driving too close to one on a bike (no bike lane, I’m in my lane, and he rode up between me and the cars parked at the meters to my right).
He yelled at me and rode off. I drove about my business looking for a parking spot. I look up in my mirror while I’m stopped at a light after hearing some more yelling, and guy had circled back. Launched something he had picked up at me, and road off. I was stuck on a one way and by the time i circled around he was nowhere to be found

·
Registered
21 Posts
Apparently I was driving too close to one on a bike (no bike lane, I’m in my lane, and he road up between me and the cars parked at the meters to my right).
He yelled at me and road off. I drove about my business looking for a parking spot. I look up in my mirror while I’m stopped at a light after hearing some more yelling, and guy had circled back. Launched something he had picked up at me, and road off. I was stuck on a one way and by the time i circled around he was nowhere to be found
So I'm an avid bike rider, and hate when these things happen. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, and maybe the guy is just a dick. But... You said "Apparently I was driving too close to one on a bike..." I've had more than my share of cars cut me off, left and right turn in front of me, run me off the road, when I'm in the bike lane etc... And I hate when a drive comes by me too close and doesn't give me the (Utah law at least) 3" of clearance. (I'm not saying that happened). I just want to voice that when there is a conflict between a bicycle and a car, the car wins and the bicyclist loses. You can go get your car fixed, the bike guy is dead.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So I'm an avid bike rider, and hate when these things happen. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, and maybe the guy is just a dick. But... You said "Apparently I was driving too close to one on a bike..." I've had more than my share of cars cut me off, left and right turn in front of me, run me off the road, when I'm in the bike lane etc... And I hate when a drive comes by me too close and doesn't give me the (Utah law at least) 3" of clearance. (I'm not saying that happened). I just want to voice that when there is a conflict between a bicycle and a car, the car wins and the bicyclist loses. You can go get your car fixed, the bike guy is dead.
I'm a cyclist too, but I think your point here is a little faulty. You are coming very close to trying to justify an attack on the OP. Also not sure if you caught it or not, but OP said the cyclist 'rode up' between his car and another car, that is, the cyclist placed himself too close to the car, not the other way around. Most homeless are mentally unstable, so his powers of perception and deduction may have been lacking. Either way the perpetrator (the bum) obviously has violent tendencies. Please don't confuse perpetrator and victim in this case.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no problem with cyclists, and when I lived downtown during college, My bike was my main mode of transportation. I did not cut him off. Was under the speed limit trying to find parking. There was also no clearance that I could really give as he rode up around me and got between my passenger side and the row of cars parked on the street (again, no bike lane where we were at).
I did not hit him. As far as I am aware, he was in the wrong as far as traffic laws are concerned. In this situation, my car and wallet are the only things touched. The “conflict” was not caused by me

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have no problem with cyclists, and when I lived downtown during college, My bike was my main mode of transportation. I did not cut him off. Was under the speed limit trying to find parking. There was also no clearance that I could really give as he rode up around me and got between my passenger side and the row of cars parked on the street (again, no bike lane where we were at).
I did not hit him. As far as I am aware, he was in the wrong as far as traffic laws are concerned. In this situation, my car and wallet are the only things touched. The “conflict” was not caused by me
Well it sucks that your rear window is destroyed; I've had many windshields ruined by rocks and such and I always try to look on the bright side -- it's really much better than getting damage to the bodywork or paint, so there's that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You sound like you didn't even read the post and automatically just taking the side of the cyclist or wanted to just talk about how much you love bikes.
This is a gr86 forum not a bike activist forum where you come to express your views on the attitude towards the fact that bikes lose when trying to share the road.

Should I start going on about how I hate bike lanes and the idiots that use them who pay no attention to cars turning across them or pedestrians, or the fact they think road rules and common safety sense don't apply to them when riding a bike in their bike lane that now takes up a whole lane in already congested city streets? Or what about the fact I also ride a motorcycle and never get in to unsafe and as disruptive situations splitting lanes in traffic compared to the idiots in bike lanes causing havoc every morning on the way in to work. What about the fact that half the hipsters riding bikes in the city have never even had a car licence so don't understand basic road rules. I could go on but No, let's talk cars instead :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts