Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These photos of the GR Corolla show what could be the final design. Specs are said to be 300hp, AWD, 6 speed manual transmission and weigh just under 3000 lbs.
2022 Toyota GR Corolla Hatchback 01.jpg
2022 Toyota GR Corolla Hatchback 02.jpg
2022 Toyota GR Corolla Hatchback 03.jpg

·
Registered
439 Posts
This design for the Corolla looks great. Makes sense that it would share some similarities with the GR Yaris' look.

At 1340 kg (2954 pounds) it's much lighter than the standard Corolla hatchback. The manual is 1387 kg / 3060 pounds and the CVT is 1397 kg / 3080 pounds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think its more like the low $40k range in the US, a good amount less than the Type R.
the honda us site says ctr starts at $38k, so the gr corolla should be around that price point... i'd assume it will be a hard sell at $40k+

·
Registered
439 Posts
the honda us site says ctr starts at $38k, so the gr corolla should be around that price point... i'd assume it will be a hard sell at $40k+
I think its more like the low $40k range in the US, a good amount less than the Type R.
If the GR Corolla is going to be the same price or more than the Type R it's not going do well for Toyota. People are going to stick with the Type R because it's a proven vehicle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the GR Corolla is going to be the same price or more than the Type R it's not going do well for Toyota. People are going to stick with the Type R because it's a proven vehicle.
right, afaik the gr corolla will be *slightly cheaper- people are speculating $37k, which makes sense to me...

i just realized that the top spec gr yaris [rz-hp] costs ~$46k in japan, so $50k for the corolla variant doesn't sound that crazy after all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts