Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Requested in late July or early August, don't remember.
So far I love it! Keeping it under 4k rpm is kinda hard to do, lol. My wife drove it to work today, so I'll drive my old junk. This is the nicest car I've ever had! I am a mechanic, we NEVER buy new cars. But I really wanted this thing.
It's gonna be weird letting someone else change my oil...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Blue Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Happy for you! Glad to hear it's exceeding expectations!

• Love
Reactions: Thechief86

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far we've put about 500 miles on the car, and as it breaks in, it just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter to drive! I'm hoping by the end of next week to make it to 1k miles and change the oil.
My purchase deal with "lifetime powertrain warranty" requires that the scheduled oil changes and whatnot be done at the dealer, but I don't think they'll know the difference if I do that first change myself, right? I'll buy the filter from them, and even use the oil they specify.
Warranty or not, I want to do everything I can to prolong the life of this gorgeous car.
Eventually I'll probably forfeit the warranty in the name of upgraded parts and modifications, but for now I'm happy enough with the car that the only changes I really want to make are window tint and better tires.
(I unplugged the fake engine noise maker within 24 hours, lol.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got out for the first time driving by myself with nowhere to be. It was magical lol. This car is sooo much fun in the twistys! Although I did get a little carried away and got the engine spinning up to 6k rpm once or twice... whoops.
I'm at 650ish miles, maybe it'll be ok. I'll be a good boy until I change the oil at 1k, I promise...

I absolutely love driving this car. The Torsen diff is so nice, and although it's not exactly fast, the power level is a great fit for the curvy TN roads near me. Serious fun can be had without getting up to felony speeds, on the right road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts