Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wonder how big that market is. That would impact whether a hybrid/EV version becomes available and/or how fast it appears for all markets.

·
Super Moderator
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder how big that market is. That would impact whether a hybrid/EV version becomes available and/or how fast it appears for all markets.
Its the worlds largest. However in terms of historical 86 sales, the US was much greater..

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it was just simply about ordering it... I'll be more than ready to pull the trigger when it is available but until we get more information there's nothing we can do :(

I hope that during these 2 years there are no issues ordering one, otherwise it'll be a nightmare

·
Registered
191 Posts
They will keep pushing this agenda until they find the point of resistance. Were I a European consumer, I'd get myself all situated with a stock of ICE vehicles and then boycott the mandated products. If a large portion of the public refused to buy the mandated products, the producers would lobby for policy change.

Reactions: Karlosak

·
Super Moderator
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Horrible news honestly. I wonder if importing the car would still be an option after those 2 years.
Potentially, once its old enough. Does EU have the vintage (25 year old) import laws?

Its good news if you buy one in the next 2 years though! Will be quite the prized possession in years to come.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wonder what the safety regulations that will prevent them from selling the GR86 in Europe are. Does anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder what the safety regulations that will prevent them from selling the GR86 in Europe are. Does anyone know?
The rule changes are mostly around pedestrian safety, they have not give a specific 'rule' in that as to what prevents them.

But they could do all the changes (and are for other cars), but with the GR86 it would only be for one year before EU7 (with its 90 percent co2 reduction from the already miniscule co2 amounts). Pretty hard ask to make specific changes to a car for a single market and then only sell that car to the market for one year.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The GR86/BRZ twins don't pose much of a pedestrian threat compared to these behemoths:

• Haha
Reactions: Blighty
1 - 13 of 13 Posts