Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
My other subaru's have the same 10 miles at a time range estimate. Keep in mind that the estimate is based off of your most recent driving habits. If you've been dogging it, the range will reflect that. If you just did a 30 mile 60MPH cruise, the range will reflect much higher. I've refuled my Ascent and seen a 220mile range (while towing a Corvette on a trailer)...but I've also refueled it and seen a 430 mile range. YMMV.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium
7 Posts
GR86 here. Mine counts down mile by mile as well. I would second (or third, fourth, fifth) that it is wildly inaccurate. I've run it down to 1 mile remaining and as others have said pumped 12 gallons which is supposedly at least 1 gallon short of the tank capacity. Whatever they're using to do this estimate is pretty basic and doesn't seem to be a real time reflection of the actual fuel level.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The BRZ NEVER increases btw, The best it does is not go lower for a while more than the 10km traveled. e.g. might drop 10 after 11.5 km
Truly the most useless attempt at Distance to Empty that I have ever seen

·
Registered
237 Posts
The BRZ NEVER increases btw, The best it does is not go lower for a while more than the 10km traveled. e.g. might drop 10 after 11.5 km
Truly the most useless attempt at Distance to Empty that I have ever seen
Interesting...my other Subaru's will increase if you fill up after city driving and then get on the highway, but it'll take a good 20-30 miles of highway for it to increase the range.

·
Registered
2022 Neptune GR86- Base
86 Posts
So just to throw a weird issue into this mix. My GR does indeed count down by 1. It has NEVER shown that I'll get over 300 miles. When I fill up it always comes to around 250. It's a daily and doesn't get much interstate traffic so it may just be the way mine is driving and the computer is changing to accomodate that. Maybe if I did more higher speeds or more interstate long trips it will change. This has been a pretty interesting thread so far though strangely enough.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
So just to throw a weird issue into this mix. My GR does indeed count down by 1. It has NEVER shown that I'll get over 300 miles. When I fill up it always comes to around 250. It's a daily and doesn't get much interstate traffic so it may just be the way mine is driving and the computer is changing to accommodate that. Maybe if I did more higher speeds or more interstate long trips it will change. This has been a pretty interesting thread so far though strangely enough.
What average MPG does your car display currently?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So just to throw a weird issue into this mix. My GR does indeed count down by 1. It has NEVER shown that I'll get over 300 miles. When I fill up it always comes to around 250. It's a daily and doesn't get much interstate traffic so it may just be the way mine is driving and the computer is changing to accomodate that. Maybe if I did more higher speeds or more interstate long trips it will change. This has been a pretty interesting thread so far though strangely enough.
My GR has never gotten over 300 miles estimated after a fill-up, either.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts