Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this has been asked before. But is there a difference in the way the estimated range display works between the 86\BRZ? Or maybe its region specific? I have seen a few people post picks that will show the estimated range to be a very specific number like "198" miles. My BRZ only changes in 10 mile increments. 200, 190, 180 etc. How does everyone elses work?
Automotive tire Automotive design Font Gadget Electric blue

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I’m only see 10 mile increments when range is high. Haven’t checked to see if increments get smaller as the range decreases.
Vehicle Font Gadget Auto part Personal luxury car

• Helpful
Reactions: repeet

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My BRZ clicks down in 10 mile intervals, but from what I reading, at 10 miles to go, it might click down in 1 mile increments. I'll probably never trust it to run it that low to find out.
I have run it down to 0 miles remaining. It does not.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
462 Posts
yeah, it is way off even in the best scenarios. I have had it read over 300 a couple times, which is still not even close...

The fuel bars are also far away from being anything close to linear, but I've had plenty of other cars that are that way (maybe even most).

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah. The low fuel light came on well before that. When I filled up it only took 12.2 gallons. So there was still a whole gallon left. I actually drove a good 7-8 miles while it showed 0 remaining.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't trust those things no matter who made the car. My employer has a Porsche Cayenne and it's miles remaining display is totally wacky.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Best thing to do is reset trip odometer and track it yourself.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems like a weird thing to make different between the cars. I dont really have a preference one way or another because everyone knows those gauges are for a very rough estimate only. Just found it interesting.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Legend has it that when the Gunma boys churned out the very first GRTV86, Akio himself took it for a cruise and said "Sakura wa mousugu chiru", which roughly translates to "this ain't it, dawg". He stayed up all night and fiddled with the range calculator and temp display, made the go pedal vroom faster, and swapped a few metal bits. Only then would he bless the little frankenboxer with his grandpapa's badge. 🙏📿

1 - 20 of 31 Posts