Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done at King Motorsports Unlimited.
209 BHP at the wheels, 173 lbft. Impressive! Looks like its similar to the other GR cars in that they may have under reported the power - need more dynos but very cool!

They stated that the dyno guy said OG 86 cars were around 162/132... :O

Still got a little torque dip, obviously there is a lot more torque in general and its only about ~750revs ledge to ledge of the dip - so I'm happy to place that under the classification of a little character :)

Rectangle Font Computer Parallel Slope

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
291 Posts
There's a new video? :unsure: which video is this? Could only find the First Drive video.

Edit: Found where it is, it is apparently a Patreon video drop for their members. Should really tell everyone where you sourced the video since not everybody is a Patreon member.
Just got word that the SG video review of the GR86 will be up for everyone else on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's a new video? :unsure: which video is this? Could only find the First Drive video.

Edit: Found where it is, it is apparently a Patreon video drop for their members. Should really tell everyone where you sourced the video since not everybody is a Patreon member.
Done. I've put it in the thread title.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kinda crazy how Mark (SavageGeese) has his critics regarding the platform. The man owned and raced one 😂
Well he did form a pretty bad relationship with the OG car. Perhaps love hate, but probably a little more hate! He was a first adopter of a lot of mods and his troubles are well documented.

So I can understand people fearing that his reactions would be influenced by that experience, and of course they were in his review of the GR86, but not in a negative way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great review. That netted out to be everything I hoped for. Although I have a practical diesel SUV now, the 86 would be a replacement for the NA Miata (and 3 series and motorcycle) I once had before I got married. I was in the market for a 996 or a clean Cayman but the prices have reached the stupidity point. Really there's no other choice for something I could track AND squeeze in two kids. I feel like even if I got another Miata or a 124 I'd only put the top down 1/4 of the time anyway. I think with an ethanol tune/better pads/good alignment it's going to be all the usable performance of a Cayman for half price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad I watched that, think it confirmed that this is going to be the car I'm going to be after when they finally arrive. I went from an Abarth 124 Spider (basically a Miata/MX5, with a smaller engine but plus a turbo ) to a Jag F-Type, and despite all the extra power I now have, I'm missing the fun of throwing a car around corners like I used to. I've considered the Cayman, but I think I might be better off saving my money, and going with the GT86, then doing upgrades to it as and when I feel the need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts