Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
61 Posts
One thing I learned in this video, it looks like the GR86 has a different lap timer screen when "Track" mode is on - it displays the actual oil and water temperatures! I excitedly went out to try this on my 2022 BRZ thinking I somehow haven't come across that screen but to my dismay it's not there in the BRZ when in "Track" mode and with the Lap Timer screen displayed...it looks like BRZ owners are stuck with that low res bar graft and no actual numbers?

·
Registered
20 Posts
One thing I learned in this video, it looks like the GR86 has a different lap timer screen when "Track" mode is on - it displays the actual oil and water temperatures! I excitedly went out to try this on my 2022 BRZ thinking I somehow haven't come across that screen but to my dismay it's not there in the BRZ when in "Track" mode and with the Lap Timer screen displayed...it looks like BRZ owners are stuck with that low res bar graft and no actual numbers?
Could it be a setting, or just a difference between gr86 and brz? Maybe it can be changed via software mod or something? If the gr86 has it then the brz should be able to do it as well.

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
God, he is so annoying and cringey... I want to see more reviews but I can't stand watching him.
Yes he is, and I don't rate him as a 'real' car reviewer at all, but he's the best I've seen out there for really having a look up-close look around the vehicles and deep-dive into all the features and particulars... especially nice as it seems most of us on here will be purchasing the GR/BRZ sight unseen/undriven!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Should be able to select different menus on the steering wheel as I remember.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
61 Posts
Could it be a setting, or just a difference between gr86 and brz? Maybe it can be changed via software mod or something? If the gr86 has it then the brz should be able to do it as well.
def not in same menu as shown in the video on 2022 BRZ, in fact I can't find numerical readouts of oil temp and water temp in any of the settings/displays.

·
Registered
19 Posts
God, he is so annoying and cringey... I want to see more reviews but I can't stand watching him.
Agreed. I purposefully NEVER watch his videos. The only reason I watched that one is for the Halo Premium which is one of the colors I am holding out for but had a hard time watching it with him. Especially with him somehow not knowing how to shave his neck still as an adult. I don't usually condone personal jabs, but at the level he is as a "youtuber" I expect at least an attempt at professionalism.

On to the real/only reason I watched the video. Man that Halo White Premium looks GOOD. :love:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.