Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

Dog in car!

Tags
dog
5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  NankatsuFC 
#1 ·
I absolutely LOVE my dog and usually want to take her everywhere I can.
She’s a 40 lb Shepard/Lab mix and her needle like hair really get stuck in the suede-type material of the seat (I have a premium).
Anyone have experience with this and a solution? I’d like to avoid a seat cover since they usually look bad but may have to.
Thanks folks!
Greg

#2 ·
From my personal experience, had a dog for 14 years before she passed, there is really no way to prevent dogs from destroying your car and getting hair everywhere. You just accept it or you don't. Not sure there is any solution outside of getting a seat cover, but I personally liked the type that form a "U" from the front anchor to the back and zip up on the sides... Keeps them more contained, but I think this design is more suitable for a sedan than a coupe.

#3 ·
This and a pumice stone has usually worked well for me. Can't beat one of those back seat covers that goes all the way up to the windows on the sides

#6 ·
I'm in the same boat as you, I have two pups lab/pit & a boxer, I take them with me everywhere I go... or I did until I got this car. I can't safely drive with them in this car and they will destroy it to fast. Unfortunately for them, they are stuck in my truck from here on out. I went down the list of everything I can find online to get the dog hair out of my truck, but it's impossible. Better yes, but 100% nope; even paid folks to try, and covers don't help from the hairs that fly around everywhere, some of the things (pumice stone) end wearing down the fabric.

Eventually, big dogs will destroy your car. All the rubber/plastic that my dogs could touch has claw marks, hair all over the back of the seats, carpet etc.. sooner or later a dog will end up getting sick and puking in the car, dragging dirt, mud etc. I love my pups, I was OK sacrificing the back seat area in my truck, and the back of my WRX wagon beforehand, but I'm keeping this car dog free. TBH they wouldn't even fit in the back seat area if I tried.

#7 ·
I have bought one from amazon like two years ago and it got in so bad shape after my dog tried to scratch the sides of the cover where you attach. Then I bought this one from Kurgo like one and a half years ago it's still in perfect shape and keeps the car clean from the hair completely, so I would highly recommend that one. My wife bought this one about a year ago it also serves well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.