Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see people are ordering wheels for their ordered car, and just wondering if it's confirmed everything is the same. I'm wanting some 17x9 RPF1's in Gold for my white BRZ, and wondering if +35 is still perfect for my street touring build.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I couldn't find any info on stock offset either =/ I plan to wrap the stock 17's in winter tires and buy some 18's with summer tires, but I haven't been able to properly start my search without information on offset.

·
Registered
85 Posts
They did say the rear track is wider and it's built into the suspension, not the wheel offset. so the rear fitment could be different? is the body work the same width as before?

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is 18x9.5 +45 with a 255/35

Based on these images and videos I’d say the fitment is pretty similar. I think the rear is slightly narrower than the previous gen by a very small margin but it’s still hold to tell.

I have already ordered wheels in this spec so I’m keen to try them out
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered the same wheels in black chrome, as I couldn't find gold anywhere. They're track wheels so I went safe with +35 to make sure it wouldn't rub.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered the same wheels in black chrome, as I couldn't find gold anywhere. They're track wheels so I went safe with +35 to make sure it wouldn't rub.
Im sure that’ll be fine.
17x9 +35 is equivalent in poke to a 9.5 +41/42 so it shouldn’t rub as long as the tyre is in spec.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They aren't much better, and much more expensive. They also wear quicker.
I am also curious if 255s will fit without rubbing. My friend with the 1st gen 86 said he couldn’t fit 255s and he ended up getting 245s, which still rub at full lock.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am also curious if 255s will fit without rubbing. My friend with the 1st gen 86 said he couldn’t fit 255s and he ended up getting 245s, which still rub at full lock.
I'm pretty sure the GR86 and GT86 have similar dimensions so I'm not sure 255s would fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts