Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BRZ Premium 6MT on order (December arrival currently) and have been watching and reading every review I can find.

All the reviews say heated seats and 8 speaker stereo are part of the Limited trim, and are not included with the Premium. However, Subaru's website lists these two items as standard on both trim levels (The 2022 Subaru BRZ.). Anyone have additional insight on this?

I'm also curious to see if my Premium comes with aluminum pedals. Pedals are not listed on Subaru's website, but everything I've read has led me to believe they are only on the Limited, regardless of transmission. However, I saw a review published in the last few months that showed the aluminum pedals on a Premium auto.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a BRZ Premium 6MT on order (December arrival currently) and have been watching and reading every review I can find.

All the reviews say heated seats and 8 speaker stereo are part of the Limited trim, and are not included with the Premium. However, Subaru's website lists these two items as standard on both trim levels (The 2022 Subaru BRZ.). Anyone have additional insight on this?

I'm also curious to see if my Premium comes with aluminum pedals. Pedals are not listed on Subaru's website, but everything I've read has led me to believe they are only on the Limited, regardless of transmission. However, I saw a review published in the last few months that showed the aluminum pedals on a Premium auto.
I just downloaded the brochure from the Subaru website. The back section says the Premium has 6 speakers, but shows both versions with aluminum alloy pedal covers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The difference according to the part diagram is the two speakers in the red boxes are added to the Limited trim.
The website is messed up in many places. It also shows the Limited as not having 4 disc brakes and some other issues.

The Limited has 8 speakers made by a better company instead of the 6 speakers in the Premium. I understand that the Limited also has a better Amp, but that has not been confirmed yet.

We also don't know whether the first gen subwoofer will work with the second gen cars.

Both do have aluminum pedals as stated in several reviews. Heated seats are only in the Limited according to several reviews. You can clearly see that there are no buttons in the Premium when they show the interior.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The website is messed up in many places. It also shows the Limited as not having 4 disc brakes and some other issues.

The Limited has 8 speakers made by a better company instead of the 6 speakers in the Premium. I understand that the Limited also has a better Amp, but that has not been confirmed yet.

We also don't know whether the first gen subwoofer will work with the second gen cars.

Both do have aluminum pedals as stated in several reviews. Heated seats are only in the Limited according to several reviews. You can clearly see that there are no buttons in the Premium when they show the interior.
Thanks for the info. I'm not very familiar with the first gen cars. How did the first get subwoofer work - did the car come pre-wired for a sub in the trunk? Was the sub powered by its own amp that came with and was attached to the sub? I did see that a removable sub was listed on the GR86 option list. I hope this is compatible with the second gen BRZ with the base 6 speaker stereo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just downloaded the brochure from the Subaru website. The back section says the Premium has 6 speakers, but shows both versions with aluminum alloy pedal covers.
Thanks; hadn't thought to download the brochure but that answered those questions. Lot more detail than their website.

·
Registered
24 Posts

From what I learned from Subaru of America customer service, the Limited has two extra speakers on the rear quarter panels. It also has an additional 2-channel amp, perhaps for the extra speakers which I assume to be bass speakers. I have a 2017 Limited with the Kicker 10” sub in the trunk area. It is a passive sub, which I assume means no special amplification. It has great base, but I find it annoying because it often booms obnoxiously, depending on the music. It forces me to turn down the volume, and then the overall sound sucks. One professional review of the 2022 Limited said the stereo is actually pretty good. The seats are not heated on the Premium, but with cloth seats that may not be as important I would guess. I plan to get the 2022 Limited, and I’m not concerned about the sound quality without the sub.

·
Registered
115 Posts
From what I learned from Subaru of America customer service, the Limited has two extra speakers on the rear quarter panels. It also has an additional 2-channel amp, perhaps for the extra speakers which I assume to be bass speakers. I have a 2017 Limited with the Kicker 10” sub in the trunk area. It is a passive sub, which I assume means no special amplification. It has great base, but I find it annoying because it often booms obnoxiously, depending on the music. It forces me to turn down the volume, and then the overall sound sucks. One professional review of the 2022 Limited said the stereo is actually pretty good. The seats are not heated on the Premium, but with cloth seats that may not be as important I would guess. I plan to get the 2022 Limited, and I’m not concerned about the sound quality without the sub.
Where did it say the two extra speakers were in the rear? According to the parts diagram, the extra speakers are in the dashboard. See my post #3 above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where did it say the two extra speakers were in the rear? According to the parts diagram, the extra speakers are in the dashboard. See my post #3 above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what the guy told me at Subaru of America. Maybe he’s wrong, but he researched it for me. Bass speakers take more power. To get good bass, so it makes sense to me that the extra speakers are bass, and putting them in the rear also makes sense because bass is much less directional than higher frequencies. My 2017 Limited does have 4 speakers in the dash, including the super tweeters. It also has two in the doors and two in the rear quarter panels. Does the older model Premium also have 4 speakers in the dash? And does it have speakers in the rear quarter panels? Too bad Subaru was a bit sloppy with those stats on their website (and press releases?).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts