Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Second day with the new car was stripping wrap, washing, drying, and detailing. Just a few observations of some details I noticed while cleaning up the car.

First up, the areas around the hood hinges puddle soapy water and don't drain well. No big deal, just a place that needs to be dried out as part of the detailing process.

This area of the trunk is also a soapy water collection area. In this pic, I'd already dried it.

I opened the fuel filler door and soapy water poured out. It doesn't seem to have a drain hole.

Dang! Somebody already stole my exhaust tips! ;):LOL:

I love these flat-topped "PACIFIC" OEM tire valve stem caps! I'm going to remove them and keep them safe until I can figure out how to buy some replacements in case these get stolen.

Uh-oh. My door must be open!

Um yeah, it is! :LOL:

The vehicle comes equipped with two Federation Type 1 phasers, so I'm prepared for anything! :D

Reactions: rui

·
Registered
2022 BRZ, Ice Silver, MT, Limited
224 Posts
Nice! Glad you posted the areas that collect water. Ive washed mine twice now and didnt know about those spots. Its not a hard car to wash though so thats good. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah @s2mikey it also collects along the underside edges of the trunk / boot lid.

One oddity is you have to raise the driver’s side wiper then the passenger side, and put them down in reverse order. Otherwise they interfere.

Reactions: s2mikey

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing. The JDM exhaust tips are definitely a worthwhile visual upgrade.
Cool. Do they have a Subaru part #?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate that info, rui!

Reactions: rui
1 - 9 of 9 Posts