Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Oh man, I hate to see that! That sucks so much!

Was there any involvement of the rear quarter? From here it looks like all the damaged parts can be bolt-on replaced.

Reactions: Wayward67

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did you just get 1 quote on the body work? If so I would get another from a different shop.

Also dont you have comprehensive insurance? Most comprehensive policies should help cover the cost of repairs.

Sorry to hear about the accident.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you just get 1 quote on the body work? If so I would get another from a different shop.

Also dont you have comprehensive insurance? Most comprehensive policies should help cover the cost of repairs.

Sorry to hear about the accident.
Went to 3 local shops, 14k was the low end on what got quoted. Yes I have comprehensive however, insurance is fighting me to cover it.

·
Registered
2023 Neptune Blue GR86 Premium 6MT
66 Posts
Wow. I'm surprised one deer can cause that much damage. Where was the impact? Because it looks like it hit your hood but there's damage all along the side too.

·
Registered
851 Posts
To the deer or...?
Both.

Wow. I'm surprised one deer can cause that much damage. Where was the impact? Because it looks like it hit your hood but there's damage all along the side too.
Lots of damage can come from the smallest things, I've seen a small traffic cone rip off someone's front bumper.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Looks like a glancing blow that spun the deer around to impact the side of the car.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Sorry for the long time without updates most recent quote was for 21k, insurance is fighting me because over if I was at fault for hitting the deer
I think most insurance companies consider a deer strike to be automatically not the driver's fault. In any case, if you have comprehensive insurance it shouldn't matter because that is supposed to cover you even if it is your fault, say you rear-ended somebody.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sorry for the long time without updates most recent quote was for 21k, insurance is fighting me because over if I was at fault for hitting the deer
I would subtly drop in a conversation with your insurance company that you might have to see what your state's insurance commissioner thinks about faulting you for hitting a deer. And after this is all resolved I would drop that insurance company like a bad habit.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I would subtly drop in a conversation with your insurance company that you might have to see what your state's insurance commissioner thinks about faulting you for hitting a deer.
Yep. The only thing an insurance company hates worse than paying a claim is dealing with an inquiry from state insurance regulators.

Reactions: RBH58 and Maxey

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The other thing I could suggest - if you have a loan / lien on the car - is to ask for help from the lender. That car is their collateral and security on the loan. They have an interest in getting it repaired properly to safeguard their financial interest in it.

Reactions: latapx
1 - 20 of 21 Posts