Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

If anyone is thinking about Debadging their BRZ I recommend seeing if they Badge will come off first before buying anything like goo gone or a pin stripe wheel for cleaning.

I was able to pull them straight off without heat or floss. Granted I'm in Texas but I did it today in 48° weather with no issues. I'm about to return the $45 pinstripe wheel remover.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Grille Vehicle

Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
2022 Subaru BRZ Limited MT
15 Posts
Looks Good. Is that a Vinyl or an actual badge replacement. I ordered Vinyls for my badges but they sent me wrong colors. Was suppose to br gray not green. View attachment 3806
Mine is just a vinyl. Had a guy on Etsy make it for me, but he assumed the sizes were the same as first gen and the front one didn't fit. For the front I ended up just ordering from StickerFab, matte black with white stars. Sucks that they sent you the wrong color, you gonna get a replacement?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 3798
If anyone is thinking about Debadging their BRZ I recommend seeing if they Badge will come off first before buying anything like goo gone or a pin stripe wheel for cleaning.

I was able to pull them straight off without heat or floss. Granted I'm in Texas but I did it today in 48° weather with no issues. I'm about to return the $45 pinstripe wheel remover. View attachment 3800
ht
One of the first things I will do is debadge. I like the cleaner look. I usually just work a piece of fishing line behind the badge and whip saw it to remove the badge. I would also remove the central Subaru badge, but I think it might have two pin holes beneath it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
One of the first things I will do is debadge. I like the cleaner look. I usually just work a piece of fishing line behind the badge and whip saw it to remove the badge. I would also remove the central Subaru badge, but I think it might have two pin holes beneath it.
Those damn pin holes. I've seen people shave off the badge on the first gen and it looked great, but it definitely requires filling the holes then paint matching.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine is just a vinyl. Had a guy on Etsy make it for me, but he assumed the sizes were the same as first gen and the front one didn't fit. For the front I ended up just ordering from StickerFab, matte black with white stars. Sucks that they sent you the wrong color, you gonna get a replacement?
Yeah, I had same issue with Import Image Racing granted they sent the wrong colors, they sent 2 large and 2 small vinyl's and let them know the 22 BRZ has the same size on front and back so they can let their manufactures know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I had same issue with Import Image Racing granted they sent the wrong colors, they sent 2 large and 2 small vinyl's and let them know the 22 BRZ has the same size on front and back so they can let their manufactures know.
I wanted to order this one but on the website i was looking at the measurements it showed didnt seem right.
I have you to thank then haha, I got mine through IIR and the measurements were perfect. Keeping my custom one on the rear, though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have you to thank then haha, I got mine through IIR and the measurements were perfect. Keeping my custom one on the rear, though.
Nice, i'm waiting for my corrected ones to arrive hope they come tomorrow. I'm about to get this down as well. Looks great on the Red Car at my local dealer. It will be harder to see on my MGM but think it will still look good.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does that plate delete use the JDM holes that are already there or the US spots requiring more holes?
Lots of sellers will let you customize the placement of the holes, but this one is attached with the US holes which were pre-drilled when my car arrived. At least, that's what the dealership told me since I specifically requested no new holes in the bumper.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lots of sellers will let you customize the placement of the holes, but this one is attached with the US holes which were pre-drilled when my car arrived. At least, that's what the dealership told me since I specifically requested no new holes in the bumper.
Dang. My only came with the JDM holes my U.S. spots only had the dimples. You ought to make them provide a new bumper because they definitely did that.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
299 Posts
After waiting 3 months for my car, if I show up and there are holes in my bumper I will walk away. They can replace the bumper or order me a new car. I will not take it that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After waiting 3 months for my car, if I show up and there are holes in my bumper I will walk away. They can replace the bumper or order me a new car. I will not take it that way.
I wanted to do that so bad, but honestly after years of waiting I was just too excited to get into the car at that point.

Also, I didnt realize this until I removed the dealer plates, but the BRZ (not sure about the GR86) has a weird little protrusion where the license plates go. Rectangular, sticks out about half an inch. I love running with no front plate, but that thing is incredibly ugly, so because of it I would have either kept my plate on or got the plate delete even if the holes weren't drilled.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts