Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call yesterday from my dealer saying allocations are coming in. Expected delivery in early January. Call your local dealers to check! Unfortunately, the first couple of cars in my area are all automatic so I'll have to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope nevermind. Dipped out of that deal so fast, I got a call after stating at the last moment that there would be a $2500 dealer addon. They claimed they don’t do markups.

Edit: this allocation was for a halo white premium at Fred Haas Toyota Country.
yep definitely not paying for markups

·
Registered
Halo GR86 Premium 6MT
34 Posts
I’m in NM and had previously ordered a Halo Premium manual. Originally, I was told it could be over a 6-month wait. My dealer called last week and let me know the car is now expected in January and provided a VIN. Does that mean the vehicle is already built? I also added a few accessories; are these installed by the dealer or at production plant? I would prefer to install myself.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I’m in NM and had previously ordered a Halo Premium manual. Originally, I was told it could be over a 6-month wait. My dealer called last week and let me know the car is now expected in January and provided a VIN. Does that mean the vehicle is already built? I also added a few accessories; are these installed by the dealer or at production plant? I would prefer to install myself.
Could mean it’s being built or could be waiting for shipment. Congrats! Now it’s the real waiting game!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Congrats @SpooN86! Which accessories did you order that you want to install yourself?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
So you actually put in an configured order or did you put down a deposit for an allocation and they got one that matched what you wanted?

·
Registered
Halo GR86 Premium 6MT
34 Posts
So you actually put in an configured order or did you put down a deposit for an allocation and they got one that matched what you wanted?
I used the configurator to spec the 86 and that was sent to the dealer. After they contacted me we did that again at the dealer and I put a deposit down ($500) once I had an out-the-door price on paper. Once they let me know the vehicle would arrive in January and gave me the VIN they also told me the mudguards would not be available just yet.
I'm thinking they got an allocation for an 86 that matches what I wanted and they ordered the other bits separate. I'm visiting family this away from home this week so I'll verify all that with the dealer later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put my deposit down on an already en-route car. My manual Trueno Blue GR86 should be here for me on the 1st of January in Michigan.

Got unbelievably lucky that they had basically the exactly configuration I wanted. Has the winter mats and some paint protection.

Came out to MSRP at $29,369

·
Registered
405 Posts
I opted for the GR shift knob, black lug nuts, all-weather mats, and the mudguards. All of these are low-threat but I just prefer to keep the dealer's paws off my cars.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but on an ordered car, I believe these accessories are added at the port. Maybe things have changed, but I used to work at a port on the east coast where they imported Chrysler and Dodge badged Mitsubishis, and we were adding roof racks, A/C systems (that's probably not a common port-installed item anymore), and other accessories once the vehicles rolled off the ship.

·
Registered
2022 bRed Premium MT- waiting
15 Posts
Just got word from my salesman that they have been allocated one GR86 in Steel Grey. My preference was a Manual Premium Track bRed, so they said they're in the process of trading it. Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts