Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
GR86 MT Pavement
1,035 Posts
i presume the OEM bolts are made by a Japanese company, not SPC.
the OEM bolts are not eccentric like the SPC bolts pictured above. you can use the SPC bolts, just don't
be surprised if somebody protests you for using an illegal part.
That's like bitching about cosmetic aero that came on another version of the car still in the same class. Aka the premium duckbill.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's like bitching about cosmetic aero that came on another version of the car still in the same class. Aka the premium duckbill.
People will protest the most insignificant crap when they get beat and their feelings are hurt. But, rules are rules!

With that said, I thought there was an OEM camber bolt "for the BRZ". My Ascent came with camber bolts up front from the factory...need to check the OD on those to see if they are interchangeable. They would be a good solution for folks that aren't competing but want an OEM solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Soooo.. I may have gone a little nuts. My car isn't here yet but I've ordered:

17x7.5 Enkei RPF1 in bright silver
255/40/17 kumho V730 - WIDE BOIS!
Crash Bolts
Whiteline front sway bar and adjustable endlinks

I saw the tire setup on a car at autocross in Kansas and I love the meats! The fella did pretty well too for his first outing in the car. He's a multi-time DS national champ but in a Mini. He's probably lurking on this forum somewhere :)

I will hopefully have the car in the next couple of weeks then get my break in done before 2 days of events here in Kansas City mid-june. Not sure if I will run the car both days or if I will give one day to my 72 Celica that is currently nearing a running state again.

ian, so the first gen whiteline front sway bar from the last gen is a direct swap?

·
Registered
22 GR86 premium manual
2 Posts
Wondering since a bit more time has passed since last asked if there is a standard on tire size yet? Picked up my 86 2 days ago and I’m going to try to get through break in before my next local event in August. Was thinking 235/40/17 rt660

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
490 Posts
Wondering since a bit more time has passed since last asked if there is a standard on tire size yet? Picked up my 86 2 days ago and I’m going to try to get through break in before my next local event in August. Was thinking 235/40/17 rt660
I saw a guy run 245 rt660s on stock wheels at autocross. Wasn't slow. There's another guy in Portland who went for street prepared in 255 configuration. He took top time of day, but he also had triple adjustable MCS suspension.

·
Registered
237 Posts
This has been "normal" for stock classes for a LONG time. Stuff the widest balloon you can onto the stock wheel and make that extra rubber work. Yes, heavier rubber = slower times...but wider rubber = faster times. On an autocross course, wider will almost always win. Will it be faster on a wider wheel? Yes. But you have to play within the rules.

·
Registered
237 Posts
And is the best size a 245/40/17 or a 245/45/17 or a 255/40/17? Also I see that the rpf1 also comes in a 42 offset as well as a 48. Is one preferable over the other?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
If you can make a taller tire work, it is usually better. Most auto-x courses max out @ 60MPH which is rev limiter in 2nd for our cars. if you can stuff in a taller tire you effectively have longer gearing netting you a higher top speed (by 1 MPH or 2) in second gear. Avoiding the 2-3 and 3-2 shift can save time. Downside, slightly higher CG and taller gearing generally means slower acceleration.

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
490 Posts
If you can make a taller tire work, it is usually better. Most auto-x courses max out @ 60MPH which is rev limiter in 2nd for our cars. if you can stuff in a taller tire you effectively have longer gearing netting you a higher top speed (by 1 MPH or 2) in second gear. Avoiding the 2-3 and 3-2 shift can save time. Downside, slightly higher CG and taller gearing generally means slower acceleration.
The autos can go to 66MPH :)

61 - 80 of 86 Posts