Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Pavement Grey GR86 Premium
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will try and keep this post up to date as a starting point for anybody interested in building for SCCA D Street category.

All vehicles must be in 100% stock condition, except where indicated below.

• Engine
◦ ECU must remain unmodified (no "chips" or "tunes")
◦ "Drop-in" air filters are allowed
◦ "Cat-back" exhausts are allowed

• Wheels / Tires:
◦ Tires can be as wide as fits on the rim - 225/245 are most popular.
◦ Wheels must be within 1" diameter of stock, and the same width. For us that is a 7.5" wheel on both the 17s and 18s
◦ Minimum UTQG Treadwear Grade of 200.
◦ Bodywork cannot be modified to fit tires or wheels

• Brakes
◦ Any brake pad may be used
◦ Brake calipers can not be changed from stock

• Suspension
◦ Any shock absorber may be used (must keep stock springs)
◦ One sway bar may be changed, front or back but not both.
◦ Any alignment, with factory hardware - "crash bolts" are legal for D street for more front camber

• Other:
◦ All seats must remain stock
◦ No aftermarket aero added
◦ Spare tire or anything not permanently attached by factory hardware may be removed
◦ Non-performance or maintenance modifications may be performed such as: ▪ A trailer hitch may be added ▪ Safety equipment may be added ▪ Aftermarket gauges ▪ Stereo equipment may be added or removed, provided no net weight savings

tldr;
  • max wheel width of 7.5"
  • 200TW or greater tires (225 or 245 widths most popular)
  • "crash bolts" for front camber - part number 901000394 from Subaru | SU003-02818 from Toyota
  • One sway bar

·
Registered
21 Posts
What shocks are you thinking? I figured koni would be the standard to measure against.

I'm currently thinking I'll go with the falken rt660 in a 235/40 for my first season so I can drive them around the backroads a bit as well.

This is all based on the fact that I can actually get my hands on a base model manual in neptune before the season starts :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tbh im just leaving my shocks stock at first, I will likely progress to ST* before going hard on D street.

My plans will just be crash bolts and an alignment for the first half of the year until I can feel it out. Beyond that, I will get some 660s or A052s. Then probably next year start going ST* build

·
Registered
483 Posts
I will be in DS this weekend, and its likely that I'll grab a set of wheels / tires that is DS compliant as my next "mod". I already did the catback and drop in filter.

Unfortunately as soon as I lower the car it'll be ST*(probably U), but that opens me up to the brake kits as well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
C street is Miata class lol, dont want to upset the apple cart there.

D street should be interesting for these cars against The Civic Type R
Also Veloster N and Focus RS in D Street IIRC. It will be interesting to see.

C Street would have wildly upset the Miata guys :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also Veloster N and Focus RS in D Street IIRC. It will be interesting to see.

C Street would have wildly upset the Miata guys :ROFLMAO:
or even us, you are assuming that we will be faster in street trim. I doubt it tbh. Miata weighs 500lbs less, has a taller second gear and is physically smaller. Horsepower doesnt make much difference here. So addig us to C street may have made this car DoA

·
Registered
GR86 MT Pavement
1,034 Posts
True, I left the autoX scene before the ND1 guys got going, much less the ND2.
My original post was more about all the other rando cars that should be doa in D that are somehow in C street and the placement of BMW Z cars and the solstice. Among other things that make zero sense. Maybe some of those Cars have tall 2nd gears or really wide stock rubber idk

·
Registered
483 Posts
or even us, you are assuming that we will be faster in street trim. I doubt it tbh. Miata weighs 500lbs less, has a taller second gear and is physically smaller. Horsepower doesnt make much difference here. So addig us to C street may have made this car DoA
I am interested to see what a totally stock 86/BRZ runs this weekend at our event compared to the ND1/2. I think Im the only one going that is stock, but I'm a noob.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
True, I left the autoX scene before the ND1 guys got going, much less the ND2.
My original post was more about all the other rando cars that should be doa in D that are somehow in C street and the placement of BMW Z cars and the solstice. Among other things that make zero sense. Maybe some of those Cars have tall 2nd gears or really wide stock rubber idk
they are roadsters so get dumped into miata class. the classing isnt strictly performance-based, but similarity-based too.
I am interested to see what a totally stock 86/BRZ runs this weekend at our event compared to the ND1/2. I think Im the only one going that is stock, but I'm a noob.
good luck! I need to wait until May before our events start up again :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
Reporting back from AutoX, I only ran the test & tune event on Saturday. It was a relatively small course, ~35 second average. I know the car can do a lot better than I did, however I am learning to drive the car and its such a blast. Even in DS. It definitely needs better tires / brakes (pads) / and brake fluid but thats about it.

·
Registered
PBGR86
399 Posts
Great thread. Question: is wheel offset limited?

I will be venturing down the "keep it OEM" path for a while and D Street sounds like a fun way to pass time on the weekend. Here's what I'm thinking for the first one;

• Engine
Stock Air Filter
Stock Exhaust

• Wheels / Tires:
215/45/17 Advan A052's
TRD 17x7.5 Wheels

• Brakes
Stock Pads & Rotors

• Suspension
Stock Shock & Springs
Factory Sway Bars
"Crash Bolts"

·
Registered
483 Posts
Great thread. Question: is wheel offset limited?

I will be venturing down the "keep it OEM" path for a while and D Street sounds like a fun way to pass time on the weekend. Here's what I'm thinking for the first one;

• Engine
Stock Air Filter
Stock Exhaust

• Wheels / Tires:
215/45/17 Advan A052's
TRD 17x7.5 Wheels

• Brakes
Stock Pads & Rotors

• Suspension
Stock Shock & Springs
Factory Sway Bars
"Crash Bolts"
In regards to offset, I know spacers are limited to 7mm, so I would assume that offset is also limited.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts