Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I drove off the dealership lot, I noticed the coolant level was above full. I currently have 450 miles on the car. Should I be concerned? I’m curious if the dealership had added more coolant before I bought the car or this is just a factory error. Both oil and coolant temps average around 200F during my commute to work and back.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Toyota Tundra; SpecE30
33 Posts
What's the level after sitting overnight? Every subaru I've ever seen leave the factory "loses" coolant over the first couple thousand miles. I'd say leave it alone and be prepared to add coolant soon. For reference, the distance between full and low represents about 1/2 a quart. By no means is that slight rise over the full line "overfilled", especially given that this pic was taken 3 hours after shutdown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the level after sitting overnight? Every subaru I've ever seen leave the factory "loses" coolant over the first couple thousand miles. I'd say leave it alone and be prepared to add coolant soon. For reference, the distance between full and low represents about 1/2 a quart. By no means is that slight rise over the full line "overfilled", especially given that this pic was taken 3 hours after shutdown.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Just as reference, this is what it looks like fully warmed up. I’ll take another picture tmrw morning when the car is cold

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited WRB
336 Posts
I’m all for being anal retentive about your car… but cmon. The cold line could literally be the difference between it being filled on a hot ass day and measured on a cold morning. If you want to remove some with a Turkey baster, whatever. But it isn’t Armageddon lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts