Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had my dealer contact me, and there is hardly any difference between them.

Dealer said the only difference are the seats. Wheel and tires the same! Will need to confirm if adaptive headlights etc is any different.

Been told BRZ Coupe (On Road) is 43k, BRZ Coupe S is 44k (AUD). Not sure what the exact numbers are, but have been told there is a $1,200 difference.

All no cost paints, so pick whatever you like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hm looks like I estimated the top spec model to be around 42k. I was close. Interesting model name under Subaru Australia.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Local dealer just got in touch with $43k for base manual, $48,350 for S auto.

I'm all for the GR because this dealer is God awful, but I have to say, it isn't a $50,000 AUD car...

500 car allocation due qtr 2 2022.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably the best bit is that we are actually getting the JDM engine.174kw, 250nm.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Local dealer just got in touch with $43k for base manual, $48,350 for S auto.

I'm all for the GR because this dealer is God awful, but I have to say, it isn't a $50,000 AUD car...

500 car allocation due qtr 2 2022.
Yeah 4k for the auto is a bit high - subaru reckon they dont have many buyers of it (only 30 percent).

I'm sure Toyota will have a bottom spec 17 with auto that might be sub 45k.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is great news
There are some interesting differences between our spec and the US.

Tare weight is 1249kg (my calcs suggest ~1277kg kerb with 98ron fuel), WITH a full sized spare - wonder if its alloy??

Thats basically the weight of the 17inch toyota GR86 base, and they dont have the spare... Thats about 9kg you could get rid of with a repair kit.

Also - we get built in sat nav (so you dont need to use apple/andriod auto if you just want to get in and go)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Subaru tend to supply an alloy spare, my liberty and forester have them. It's a shame I hate my local dealer, I would be tempted to get matching Subaru's again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They forgot the Brembo performance package :(

Not really a fan of the heated seats and trim package for the S version, they could of gone a little further than that.

Still i'm looking forward to seeing the demo's once they arrive, already been looking at japan parts to see what other options they have.

I'll take a Tuned by Sti in Ignition Red :love:

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They forgot the Brembo performance package :(

Not really a fan of the heated seats and trim package for the S version, they could of gone a little further than that.

Still i'm looking forward to seeing the demo's once they arrive, already been looking at japan parts to see what other options they have.

I'll take a Tuned by Sti in Ignition Red :love:
Yeah, probably later down the track. You can always spend 5k to buy them separate :O

Or if you are just after painted brakes just paint them yourself, and upgrade your brake lines/fluids/pad. Boom, custom track brakes ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, probably later down the track. You can always spend 5k to buy them separate :O

Or if you are just after painted brakes just paint them yourself, and upgrade your brake lines/fluids/pad. Boom, custom track brakes ;)
Yeah its not hard to fit them aftermarket, it's just cheaper when it comes from factory and i don't need a mod plate to retro fit some GT Brembos or AP's

I'll be interesting to see if they increase the rotor size when they do offer brembos, as with factory 18 inch wheels there is room for a larger rotor.

Just a set of aggressive pads will do the trick for the time being, then some decent rotors, new front lines after the rotors are kaput

As for painting the callipers, i've never worried about it, as they are always covered in brake dust :mad:

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have ordered my BRZ, went for Ignition Red, auto and premium, dealer advised they should start receiving them late November, good chance for availability for me in December which would be great
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my dealer contact me, and there is hardly any difference between them.

Dealer said the only difference are the seats. Wheel and tires the same! Will need to confirm if adaptive headlights etc is any different.

Been told BRZ Coupe (On Road) is 43k, BRZ Coupe S is 44k (AUD). Not sure what the exact numbers are, but have been told there is a $1,200 difference.

All no cost paints, so pick whatever you like.
Okay so its $44k AUD now im starting to think i should just buy previous gen for around $35-$37k ts version. Is it actually worth $44k for the new gen? What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay so its $44k AUD now im starting to think i should just buy previous gen for around $35-$37k ts version. Is it actually worth $44k for the new gen? What do you guys think?
Get the base for $42,699. Its exactly the same but without the heated alcantara seats. It undercuts almost all of the current used car listings with low (sub 15k kms) for the old car.

Also, I think there is a significant level of driver enjoyment on street you are missing being just under the 'fun' speeds with the car. It does annoy you having to rev its tits off on street to feel spirited. Not so much the track.

But, just a personal opinion - I'm yet to drive the new one to confirm my feelings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ordered my BRZ, went for Ignition Red, auto and premium, dealer advised they should start receiving them late November, good chance for availability for me in December which would be great
You might want to recheck delivery dates. My dealer is saying they won't hit Australia until at least Mid January with expected delivery late January to February. The batch after that likely mid 2022. I'm working through trade in valuation atm before ordering.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You might want to recheck delivery dates. My dealer is saying they won't hit Australia until at least Mid January with expected delivery late January to February. The batch after that likely mid 2022. I'm working through trade in valuation atm before ordering.
My dealer has said the same. Only dealer demo and showroom cars comming dec, first customer cars in jan.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also. My dealer is suggesting almost every one pre-ordered so far is WR Blue. =D

Its a genuinely nice blue in all lighting though, that and it being unique to Subaru is always going to appeal.

The most expensive paint is actually the red, then the white. But they are all no cost options here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts