Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was afraid the base wheels on Halo White might look downmarket, but looks great to me. Almost definitely what I'd do in a year or so. Although Trueno or Neptune I'd want to see in person.

All of this stuff on the Premium I see as maybe nice but not deal breakers? I'll take the 30 pounds of weight savings. I prefer more sidewall so the 17's are a plus. Primacy's will be more fun goofing off around town I think. I think of them as training tires to beat on for 20K miles and then supplement with lighter 17's and track ready rubber. The seat trim on the Premium is a meh to me. I like the base seat GR pattern and the bolstering looks exactly the same. Alcantara could be kinda neat but not sure how it will wear. Seat heaters are nice to have 2 months out of the year, but I'm keeping my TDI Touareg for cold and wet weather driving. Two extra speakers? Will upgrade speakers one day anyway. Duckbill? Liked it a lot at first but has not really grown on me.
Same here. Black wheels, in general, never really grew on me, I prefer the aluminum look with halo white. . . . and have a definite preference for a bit more sidewall with the 17 - fortunately there are lots of great 17" summer tire upgrades available when they wear out.

The alcantara seat upgrade looks great to me, but I've heard some "reviewers say" the base seat material breathes better, which could be a plus in the long florida summer.

I find the base spoiler a slightly better visual fit, the larger duckbill is perhaps a bit over-done (certainly not unattractive); I just prefer a more understated appearance. so it's the base trim for me. If only one of my other toyotas would die, it will be easier to justify.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most people will criticize what they dont like, and only support the facts that enforce their beliefs.

Its a world full of billions of people, and most car enthusiast have a certain amount of crazy and diehard fanaticism.

some want a pure brute force powerhouse that can go 0 -60 mph in a straight line in an unbelievable timframe.

They will espouse these cars.

I want a car thats lightweight, nimble. responsive, sexy, and will flips its wheels and take turns at an angle most people will look at and say "thats not possibe?!!"

Thats why im getting an 86.
I look forward to reviews of the new Z, and hope nissan "knocks it out of the park". But I'll still prefer an 86 as well. For whatever reason, small, low, light and nimble, even without power has always been a lot of fun - like the next best thing to a go-kart. And $30k-ish is all, probably more, than i really want to part with for a completely unnecessary, weekend fun car. . . . and it's another (4th) car to maintain (diy), and insure . . . now I'm just talking my self out of it. My only reservation is the boxer engine - not ideal for diy upkeep.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I look forward to reviews of the new Z, and hope nissan "knocks it out of the park". But I'll still prefer an 86 as well. For whatever reason, small, low, light and nimble, even without power has always been a lot of fun - like the next best thing to a go-kart. And $30k-ish is all, probably more, than i really want to part with for a completely unnecessary, weekend fun car. . . . and it's another (4th) car to maintain (diy), and insure . . . now I'm just talking my self out of it. My only reservation is the boxer engine - not ideal for diy upkeep.
Go kart. Ha. That's how I describe it as well. Fun as hell.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The alcantara seat upgrade looks great to me, but I've heard some "reviewers say" the base seat material breathes better, which could be a plus in the long florida summer.
I still go back and forth between Base/Premium but this might have flipped me back to the Base. Atlanta summers are hot. Visually the bolstering looks identical.

I'm skeptical the Premium stereo really has more watts but I could be wrong.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts