Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Interesting. Speaking with my salesman he says there isn't any special ordering available. Gotta wait for whatever cars come in and hope it matches up with what you want. Thankfully theres pretty much two choices... base/premium and color. Most should be coming as manuals.
So I have basically been in talks with two dealers in my area. The first dealer still says theres no pricing from toyota, and that they have no configurator or data on this model. They also implied that there wont be any special ordering, and in terms of color and other options, you just have to have a 2nd or 3rd choice. When they get allocations its take it or leave it.

The other dealer, which is the one i'm planning on going with and which I referenced in my original post, has been very proactive with information and has communicated to me that I will be able to get the exact car I want. He laughed when I said the other dealer asked for a 2nd or 3rd choice for color and said "Yeah, we don't do that here". His exact words were that he "submitted my order" with every option and accessory I chose.

I think it really varies from dealer to dealer. They all have slightly different protocols and ways they handle business.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Each dealer is going to be different due to how many cars they sell. If they are a high volume dealer they will probably be able to get you exactly what you want. If not then it will be whatever Toyota sends them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Each dealer is going to be different due to how many cars they sell. If they are a high volume dealer they will probably be able to get you exactly what you want. If not then it will be whatever Toyota sends them.
^ This. It's also worth noting that many dealers have agreements with other dealers to trade stock. Dealers with a lot of connections might only have one GR86 on the lot but would potentially trade it or call in a favor with another dealer who has your exact spec GR86. What's interesting is that I've seen both high-volume and low-volume dealers do this for people - just depends on how connected their team is with other teams.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is definitely not a hard and fast rule. I got an early spot, mid-August, on Longo Toyota's waitlist with no ability to spec my exact choice. They're the largest Toyota dealer in the states.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is definitely not a hard and fast rule. I got an early spot, mid-August, on Longo Toyota's waitlist with no ability to spec my exact choice. They're the largest Toyota dealer in the states.
I am also buying from Longo. I sent a deposit in September. I was told the order was accepted and input into their system. Anything I do to the car will be aftermarket.

·
Registered
512 Posts
^ This. It's also worth noting that many dealers have agreements with other dealers to trade stock. Dealers with a lot of connections might only have one GR86 on the lot but would potentially trade it or call in a favor with another dealer who has your exact spec GR86. What's interesting is that I've seen both high-volume and low-volume dealers do this for people - just depends on how connected their team is with other teams.

Just for a reference

·
Registered
512 Posts
That's pretty cool to be the 1st and as much as I want one, I'm going to wait a bit before getting one.
Naw it’s a joke. Razorwing said he’s waiting for the second year GR86 models, but if this car gets delayed a little for Canada he might be able to get a 1st year still 😂

·
Registered
76 Posts
Naw it’s a joke. Razorwing said he’s waiting for the second year GR86 models, but if this car gets delayed a little for Canada he might be able to get a 1st year still 😂
What about you? Planning on getting one ASAP or going to wait? I'm planning to wait like some here, I really want the car but I still have my brother's car that I'm using so no rush, plus I kind of want to see if they might make any special models like the Hakone.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts