Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone will be changing the rear gearing for the 6AT. I can hit something like 72 in 2nd gear, and I think it's a bit much. Looking forward to having someone try this and see if there are any issues with the ECU when it's geared like a 6MT.

Blighty mentioned that I'd be the first do this this in my other thread about the 6AT, but I thought I'd ask independently just to make sure.

-Justin

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,099 Posts
I would imagine like most other cars, it would be fine, but cause a speedometer discrepancy. It should be able to be fixed with a tuning device. Ive done that on mustangs plenty of times.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota GT86
88 Posts
The differential is the same as the first Gen cars you have plenty of options to change the final drive.

Vehicle speed is measured off the rear wheels so it does not affect your speedometer and since the final drive is after the gearbox it wont know you've changed anything so no software changes are needed.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
78 Posts
by my calculations, using the 4.3 out of the 2017+ manuals would be most ideal at least for 0-60. I plan to do the swap very soon actually...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts