Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
We're about to offer some carbon fiber spoilers. Let us know what parts you might be interested in? This is one of the items that we are going to offer.

View attachment 7886
looks nice...

Is it stick on or out on?
is there a possibility to get a document with it in wich you describe the material you used for the German tüv...
would order one as soon as I get the car:cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
We also have GT Wing.

Yes, we have an OEM trunk used to develop prototypes. This is one of them. They are going well and should be available soon in a month or so.

very cool! I will keep my eye out. Two questions:

1) Is it designed to be drilled and double sided taped or just tape for install (duckbill style)?

2) Approximate price point for both designs?

·
Vendor
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very cool! I will keep my eye out. Two questions:

1) Is it designed to be drilled and double sided taped or just tape for install (duckbill style)?

2) Approximate price point for both designs?
3m double-sided tapes for the duckbill style. GT Wing requires drilling. We'll be able to finalize pricing in a few days by next week.

·
Registered
Halo GR86 Premium; Suzuki Samurai JX
247 Posts
Excited! I have been hoping an OEM spoiler in CF would be developed. I have a Premium, so I already have the OEM duck tail spoiler, will this (one in the OP) simply replace that? Does it use the same mounting holes?

·
Vendor
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excited! I have been hoping an OEM spoiler in CF would be developed. I have a Premium, so I already have the OEM duck tail spoiler, will this (one in the OP) simply replace that? Does it use the same mounting holes?
Replace it but only with 3m tape.
Eye Fruit Eyewear Font Fashion accessory

·
Registered
Halo GR86 Premium; Suzuki Samurai JX
247 Posts

·
Vendor
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the picture and information. Any chance you are considering adding threaded studs like the OEM spoiler for the added rigidity? I am worried about the tape failing over time.
We've made duck bills for other models and find out 3m tapes are strong enough. The key is to use IPA to clean the surface before applying the 3d adhesive that works very well with no issues.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts