Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was on a waiting list at my local Toyota dealer and got a text this evening (12/18/21) that they have a car coming in. I was offered it, and declined. It’s a base model, automatic, Steel Gray over black. See photos for details. It arrives in 22 days. Tom was the salesman that has the details on the GR86.
Font Paper Letter Paper product Document

Font Motor vehicle Vehicle Paper Kit car

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't think that's a base model going by the 18" wheels, 8-speaker stereo and the total price.

Also, that 'Toyoguard Platinum' package is a total rip-off as the first two year's service is already free with the car which I presume would include two oil and filter changes. So they're basically charging people for something that's free with the car, if you ignore the dubious 'paint sealant and interior protector' included with the Toyoguard Platinum package, which I should point out sounds like something the dealer just made up out of thin air, but likely isn't any kind of official Toyota package. I simply won't shop at any dealer that uses these kinds of shenanigans to pad their bottom line.

·
Registered
Awaiting a 2022 GR86 premium in Trueno blue
116 Posts
I agree, that is not a base
Wheels, 8 speaker, adaptive lights

I love how they even went as far as to throw on a "phone cable and charge" package hahahaha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are correct that it is a premium. Once I saw it was an automatic, I knew it wasn’t for me and didn’t pay attention. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.