Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How is rolling start slower than going from a stop?
You cannot dump the clutch, all cars test slower like this pretty much.

Throttle controllers and tunes can help improve this time.

Turbo cars are particularly susceptible to this. Because you cant pre-spool boost. We will be faster than most turbo cars within 50hp.

·
Super Moderator
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Oh yeah I didn’t even bother looking at who did the tests. Lol. Good stuff Blighty.
The guys at C&D are notorious for making an afternoon out of getting the fastest time possible, but I gotta say, this time is freaking sensational and surpassed what they had estimated.

Estimates before testing:
60 mph:5.8 sec
1/4-Mile: 14.3 sec

·
Super Moderator
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know another car on 215's or less with that skidpan result either.

The old lotus comes to mind with a .97g, but that sits on its rears being mid engine, and the rears are shod with 225s

·
Registered
697 Posts
The guys at C&D are notorious for making an afternoon out of getting the fastest time possible, but I gotta say, this time is freaking sensational and surpassed what they had estimated.

We knew the ceiling for the FA24 was going to be high but man o’ man

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just to keep in mind Car and Driver historically has the fastest 0-60 times. Motor Trend tends to be the slowest. It will be interesting to see what the other publications come up with. I tend to believe a 0-60 in the high fives as an average. Factoring in altitude where I live at 7000 feet I suspect it would increase by around a second and a half to 7 seconds.

·
Registered
86; Mustang; Swift Sport; FJ Cruiser
3 Posts
Just to keep in mind Car and Driver historically has the fastest 0-60 times. Motor Trend tends to be the slowest. It will be interesting to see what the other publications come up with. I tend to believe a 0-60 in the high fives as an average. Factoring in altitude where I live at 7000 feet I suspect it would increase by around a second and a half to 7 seconds.
100% Euro tests were 7.4 seconds 0-62mph for previous gen. That puts the GR in the mid 6s mark...

·
Registered
2022 BRZ, Ice Silver, MT, Limited
358 Posts

Its awesome - there is a pretty big difference between 6.0 seconds to sixty and 5.3 or even 5.5 to sixty. If these numbers are reasonably repeatable then the BRZ which was already a damned solid value, becomes a steal at around $30K for what you get. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.