Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks. Just spoke with my local dealer near Belmont, CA. He said they'll get their first unit, Premium/AT, in the first week of Jan. They don't have the OK from Toyota yet to take orders. Add me to the Neptune Blue, Premium/MT list. I've never looked at the details of ramping car manufacturing so I can't say for sure, but my hunch is that Toyota/Subaru are reviewing early production stats to make sure they've got the process dialed in before committing firm order delivery dates.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome to the forum @PeterW! Did you have to place a deposit when you made your reservation? It's been interesting to see how Subaru has gotten a leg up on Toyota for BRZ deliveries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @PeterW! Did you have to place a deposit when you made your reservation? It's been interesting to see how Subaru has gotten a leg up on Toyota for BRZ deliveries.
The dealer isn't taking reservations yet. My guess is that they don't have much clarity on delivery schedules. The "Toyotathon" promotion is running in NorCal now, so it could also be that they don't want to cannibalize year-end sales by taking orders for 2022.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts