Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite having no idea when I will actually get a car, I am already thinking about tires and a spare set of wheels. To that end, can someone give me specs on the 18" wheels that will come on the premium models?

Width?
Offset?
Bolt pattern?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! This is the information I was looking for. I hope they are, indeed, 18 x 7.5. I have a set of 225/40 RE-71R tires that I used this past summer for autocross in my GTI, and they still have plenty of life in them. They fit nicely on 18 x 7.5 rims. I figure that if I manage to get my hands on a GR86 before the upcoming autocross season, I will get a spare set of lightweight 18" rims and slap these Bridgestone's on them. I guess even if the stock rims are not 7.5, it seems that a set of 18 x 7.5 with the proper offset should work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks! This is the information I was looking for. I hope they are, indeed, 18 x 7.5. I have a set of 225/40 RE-71R tires that I used this past summer for autocross in my GTI, and they still have plenty of life in them. They fit nicely on 18 x 7.5 rims. I figure that if I manage to get my hands on a GR86 before the upcoming autocross season, I will get a spare set of lightweight 18" rims and slap these Bridgestone's on them. I guess even if the stock rims are not 7.5, it seems that a set of 18 x 7.5 with the proper offset should work.
Sounds good! That will definitely work. I’m not sure how familiar you are with the platform but in case you’re thinking of purchasing a nice set of wheels I would highly recommend going for 17s instead. If you have a spare set of 18s then you’re all good but just want to give you a heads up, especially if you’ll be autocrossing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply. Good thought there--go lighter with the 17s. I guess I was thinking 18s just because I have a set of good 18" tires, and I am just used to dealing with 18s. However, I shouldn't let one set of used tires set my agenda for what I hope will be more years of autocross. Time to start looking at 17s.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Good thought there--go lighter with the 17s. I guess I was thinking 18s just because I have a set of good 18" tires, and I am just used to dealing with 18s. However, I shouldn't let one set of used tires set my agenda for what I hope will be more years of autocross. Time to start looking at 17s.
Awesome. That’s exactly what I meant.

Just keep in mind that the lowest offset we should be able to use is +42 and the width has to stay 7.5”, which I’m sure you’re probably already familiar with but just in case that helps. This is assuming you’ll be wanting to compete in the street class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.