Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wonder what kind of tyre pressures they were driving, looks extremely slippery compared to my Michelin Pilot Sport 4. If anybody is wondering about the commentary, he doesn’t report anything new. The only thing that I found peculiar is that he was complaining a bit about the fast throttle response and the engine feeling as if it was a bit heavy flywheel wise. That might seem contradictory although it doesn’t necessarily has to be that way. He felt it might also have to do with tuning for emissions as more modern cars behaved like that according to him. He did state he had to have one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wonder what kind of tyre pressures they were driving, looks extremely slippery compared to my Michelin Pilot Sport 4. If anybody is wondering about the commentary, he doesn’t report anything new. The only thing that I found peculiar is that he was complaining a bit about the fast throttle response and the engine feeling as if it was a bit heavy flywheel wise. That might seem contradictory although it doesn’t necessarily has to be that way. He felt it might also have to do with tuning for emissions as more modern cars behaved like that according to him. He did state he had to have one.
There were a few rains last week when they were filming those videos, and the roads around castellolí and the circuit itself are pretty slippery by themselves when wet, guess it is just because of that.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quite possibly we do have a heavy flywheel, there isn't a lot of counter balancing on our engine (boxer layouts don't need much) so a bit heavier flywheel might be desirable for a smoothed out delivery. We also have new fluid filled engine mounts!

I'm not an engine engineer, just a fan so take what I say with a grain of salt!

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what they said in the videos the car had the pilot sports so yeah, seems we wont get a spoiler.

Also in spain they probably wont sell the automatic version of the car.
No automatic? Not that I'm interested in that transmission, but it is a rather strange decision. Maybe the Spanish dealership do not expect much sales and mostly to enthusiasts, who go with manual?

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that the premium model in those tests? I do not see the ducktail spoiler, so I'm afraid it is not coming to Europe... :cry:
Its a pre-prod, not final - so there is still a chance.

Also, GR offer it as a part in Japan and a replacement part in the US, so there will be a way. No doubt there will also be plenty of aftermarket copies as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts