Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited 6MT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found bumper plugs that work for the BRZ?

Wanting to put some body colored plugs into the holes.

BumperPlugs explicitly excludes the '22 BRZ from their products fitment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The bumper is now threaded with what someone else said was a 6mm screw. I haven't confirmed that though.

I'm going to try getting the M6 screw with screw cap covers, if that fits, then i'll paint the covers with touch-up paint to match the body.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited 6MT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - but I’m looking for the caps that cover and hide the threaded holes with body colored paint as I won’t be using a front plate.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks - but I’m looking for the caps that cover and hide the threaded holes with body colored paint as I won’t be using a front plate.
I saw Autozone and Advance Auto both had the screws with caps, but id recommend getting a delete kit like the GrimmSpeed one to cover up the plate bar. But yeah the M6 scree fits.
Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

·
Registered
2 Posts
BumperPlugs work! The threaded screws the storepage refers to is actually a small removable bracket attached to the bumper. When I installed my plugs, I press them in and the threaded bracket popped right off. I've had the plugs in for over a month now and they haven't fallen off so they should fit!

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited 6MT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BumperPlugs work! The threaded screws the storepage refers to is actually a small removable bracket attached to the bumper. When I installed my plugs, I press them in and the threaded bracket popped right off. I've had the plugs in for over a month now and they haven't fallen off so they should fit!
This is helpful! Do you remember which plugs you got?
  • Select Small screw holes if hole size is 9/32" or smaller, usually with rough edges
  • Select Round factory holes if hole size is 5/16"+ with clean edges

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is helpful! Do you remember which plugs you got?
  • Select Small screw holes if hole size is 9/32" or smaller, usually with rough edges
  • Select Round factory holes if hole size is 5/16"+ with clean edges
Round factory holes in white! See pic below for how they look installed 😀
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice, i've never heard of that company, but just checked them out. When I move back home to NC where front plates aren't required, I will use these.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited 6MT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Round factory holes in white!
Thank you again! Received the plugs today and popped them in.

I was a little concerned at first as the fitment was quite snug and I thought I would damage the holes. But…I committed and all is fine :)

Here’s some pics for those curious about the threaded insert things/install.

Hand Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Blue Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Hand Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Finger

Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Camera lens Finger Vehicle door

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I reached out to BumperPlugs and this is what they said about ordering the Sapphire Blue Pearl color.

Custom orders are $179 and you will receive three sets of plugs (6 total) in the exact matching factory finish. Our paint process takes approximately 14 working days to complete (19 stages plus 3 stage clear) once we begin production.
The other option is if you know at least two other customers with the same color we can offer the custom order at a lower price for each person.
This deal would be $75 for two pairs (four plugs) including shipping.

This would get the cost down to around $37.5 a set. Could I get a headcount of who would be interested in getting a set?
I will then see what they can do for us. I'll see what response I get to the end of the month (1/31/2022), so get your name in the hat before then. Thanks!

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
298 Posts
Those are literally plastic trim push in rivets that are painted. Im thinking make my own for basically free. I have a giant kit of those in assorted sizes. A little spray paint that im sure I have a close enough color laying around (silver) and a couple coats of clear. Done deal..!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Those are literally plastic trim push in rivets that are painted. Im thinking make my own for basically free. I have a giant kit of those in assorted sizes. A little spray paint that im sure I have a close enough color laying around (silver) and a couple coats of clear. Done deal..!!
If yours looks good then I'll pay you say $10 a set.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Touch up paint. I did this on my last car which was WRB, worked perfectly and looked exactly like the bumper plugs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts