Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Subaru factory or dealership have a product that provides a protective coating to BRZs? Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What do you mean by protective coating? PPF or ceramic coating? Neither are applied from the factory. I've read somewhere that it's an option to add, but I would suggest going with a warrantied XPEL distributor/applicator anyways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don’t buy a ceramic from the dealer. What they will use is crap and probably not apply it right.

DIY if you’re comfortable enough or find a good detailer certified by the brand they sell. Gtechnic, Gyeon, Carpro and a few others are all high quality stuff.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In Europe, the Toyota ultra protective coating came as an option on the GT86. Worth the purchase!

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
Does Subaru factory or dealership have a product that provides a protective coating to BRZs? Thanks.
In almost every situation the dealer is just using car protection people locally and then marking it up by 50%.

Just chat to a car protection guy and get a quote before you go ahead with it from the dealer.

The ceramic coats are great for protecting your paints from discolouration and bird poop, and can be good to prevent tree branch type scratches. They might not stop stone chips though.

Only a PPF or Paint Protection Film will do a good job at stone chips, with the best protection being a combination of both, which generally you will need to go to a professional for as they don't always match.

I can had 'ceramic pro' i think it was on my old car, was great - my car had very minor damage, and I would take it camping all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts