Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So I've contacted many Subaru in LA to find out their price and all, here's what I find.\
Example model, BRZ Premium Automatic (MSRP $30,555)
Subaru Pacific $34,016 (Nothing but the car, ETA March)
Timmons Subaru $34,567.58 (Nothing but the car, ETA April)
Subaru Orange Coast $35,020.12 (3M Clear bumper & door handle anti-scratch coating + 7 yr painting protection, ETA May)
Sierra Subaru $36,393.25 (Door handle guard + 5 yr PP, ETA Jan)
Ocean Subaru of Fullerton $36,816.88 (CA Package + Resist All) *I didn't bother to ask what these are since its gonna be some BS excuse for markups anyways

Guess which dealership I bought my at馃榾

Registered
I have a request out to Subaru of Ontario, Subaru Pacific, and DCH Subaru of Riverside for a Premium manual with zero options. MSRP is $28,955
I'll fly somewhere and drive one home if I have to for MSRP or less.

Registered
Subaru Santa Monica promised me MSRP on my pre order. They did try to charge a $2000 'market adjustment' at first. I got a +$500 quote from Kirby Subaru of Ventura and brought it back to Santa Monica and they took the 2k off.

Registered
Subaru Santa Monica promised me MSRP on my pre order. They did try to charge a $2000 'market adjustment' at first. I got a +$500 quote from Kirby Subaru of Ventura and brought it back to Santa Monica and they took the 2k off.
they quoted me a $2500 mark up for a Limited 6MT, said no thanks. Did they give you a delivery date?

Registered
Hi all,
So I've contacted many Subaru in LA to find out their price and all, here's what I find.\
Subaru Orange Coast $35,020.12 (3M Clear bumper & door handle anti-scratch coating + 7 yr painting protection, ETA May)
Ocean Subaru of Fullerton $36,816.88 (CA Package + Resist All) *I didn't bother to ask what these are since its gonna be some BS excuse for markups anyways

this is awesome! thanks for posting! I just emailed Pacific about price and delivery date, no reply on price but expected sometime in April if ordering today, Limited 6MT.

Registered
Hi all,

Registered
they quoted me a $2500 mark up for a Limited 6MT, said no thanks. Did they give you a delivery date?
Went to Puente Hills Subaru and ordered my BRZ there. First they quoted me at 5k mark up for a 6MT Premium. Got down to 2k which is somewhat reasonable considering car is coming in November and is in middle of socal area. Def need to see if I can get that mark up down a couple hundred or completely lol. But as of right now for the limited which is built to my order 35k out the door fee(if car was here lol). Def not happiest with price but mark ups in every so cal dealer is just stupid high even with some orders coming in mid feb and later.

Registered
Went to Puente Hills Subaru and ordered my BRZ there. First they quoted me at 5k mark up for a 6MT Premium. Got down to 2k which is somewhat reasonable considering car is coming in November and is in middle of socal area. Def need to see if I can get that mark up down a couple hundred or completely lol. But as of right now for the limited which is built to my order 35k out the door fee(if car was here lol). Def not happiest with price but mark ups in every so cal dealer is just stupid high even with some orders coming in mid feb and later.
is the 35K OTD for Limited or Premium? If it's for a Limited 35K is about OTD in City of LA, you're getting it in November? When did you order? Congrats!!

Registered
35K OTD is about MSRP for a Limited 6MT in LA

Registered
is the 35K OTD for Limited or Premium? If it's for a Limited 35K is about OTD in City of LA, you're getting it in November? When did you order? Congrats!!
Hey unfortunately it鈥檚 only for the premium I accidentally put limited. The limited had no huge difference for me but yea kinda sucks I鈥檓 basically paying the msrp price for a limited. But def still content but I鈥檒l def try and see if I can get a better deal. Considering if I pass up someone will def scoop up my order in a heartbeat haha prob for a higher price point than me. But I ordered premium, and ordered it last week on the 8th of Oct. basically his pipeline for the car with what I wanted specifically I can order it and the 鈥減romise date鈥 would be Nov. I have my VON and called SOA and still scheduled for Nov. hopefully no delays! Every dealer allocation is different and to my understanding the only color I could order is pearl white if I wanted it in Nov. (was getting white regardless) but def check with different dealers and their promise dates if you want to order your specs specifically.

Registered
I ordered beginning of September and all I have heard is either late November or December sometime for delivery.

And to everyone who is paying over MSRP, make sure you call every dealer you can until you find one that won't gouge you. Bring it back to your local dealers and see what they say. My local dealer took that 2k 'market adjustment' off so quick as soon as I told them I found a better deal. It is not worth it to pay more for this car the dealerships are just scummy.

Registered
Definitely man. Yea he said my order is slated for November but can possibly be delayed who knows. And yea it sucks already placed the order all other Subaru dealers near me offered msrp, but then gauged me with extras and fees that was basically the mark up. Definitely gonna see my options though when car comes in see how much I can negotiate down or get my deposit back worst case scenario.

Registered
I ordered beginning of September and all I have heard is either late November or December sometime for delivery.

And to everyone who is paying over MSRP, make sure you call every dealer you can until you find one that won't gouge you. Bring it back to your local dealers and see what they say. My local dealer took that 2k 'market adjustment' off so quick as soon as I told them I found a better deal. It is not worth it to pay more for this car the dealerships are just scummy.
I've found most dealerships won't email an OTD quote because they know you'll use it to shop around, did SM Subaru request the quote in writing before they dropped the 2K mark up?

Registered
Am I missing something here, but can you not tell them to remove all the addons and to remove them from the sale price? It's not like they have already added the uncoating protection and cannot remove it.

Registered
Am I missing something here, but can you not tell them to remove all the addons and to remove them from the sale price? It's not like they have already added the uncoating protection and cannot remove it.
it's essentially dealer mark-up because of chip shortage/supply chain disruptions - lack of inventory

Registered
it's essentially dealer mark-up because of chip shortage/supply chain disruptions - lack of inventory

Kirby Subaru said $300 for sealant
If the mark-up is due to a supply and demand issue, then that is one thing you will have to live with, but if the mark-up is tied to a paint coating or a sealant then tell them you are not buying it with this addon.

Registered
Hi all,

A lot of good information here @Nanayo! I'm going to guess you went with Subaru Pacific?

Registered
Hello guys, I ordered my limited 6sp (don鈥檛 crucify me I drive the 405 to and from work lol) at Timmons Subaru and have a OTD price of 33k. Added the weather floor mats and some sti gear selector accessory. My salesman had his manager sign off to get me msrp with no markup.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts