Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gross vehicle weight is 3682
Subtract curb weight of 2835
(Quick Google of numbers, could be slightly different. See sticker on door jamb for real #s)

Equals 847 lbs total capacity (including passengers)

·
Registered
41 Posts
All I know is that these cars make shitty pickup trucks......
Sometimes pickup trucks make shitty pickup trucks 😆 My '20 Ram 1500 had a decent 1700 lb payload. When I was on the Ram forum some people were shocked to learn too late that their top of the line luxobarge Limited had so many bells & whistles that payload was well under 1000 lbs. They'd start doing the math to go on a camping trip or whatever and by time they deducted the weight of passengers they'd discover there was only enough capacity left to handle the tongue weight of the trailer OR put some stuff in the bed... But not both. 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you load it up it is a balancing act for sure. My car HATED it when I only put six concrete edgers in the trunk for a quick backyard project. I should have tried to get them more towards the center of the car or put a few in the passenger footwell but I was pretty disappointed how the car handled with it loaded like that. It was about 60 pounds in the trunk, but I had installed a full size spare + spare tire subwoofer insert that was already exceeding 25lbs altogether. Felt like it waddled around with a loaded diaper.

I have packed the car with groceries and a passenger and it still felt balanced, but loading the trunk up like that was eye opening. I use my Fit for crazy stuff like that instead now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts