Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got some JDM Bezels for my BRZ. Turned out to be amber but it does turn white when the headlights/drl are off. The harness was wired in a way where the yellow wire(amber hidden in harness) was getting power from the side marker and the white wire(white led) was going through the fuse box. So it makes sense that the Amber turns on when the sidemarkers turn on.

Simple fix is to snip the yellow wire and let the fuse power the white led off ignition.

Apparently the amber is suppose to be a turn signal that flicks on when you turn right or left.

Has anybody managed to do that? Does anybody know where the turn signal wire is at in the brz? Maybe splice into it with the yellow line?

Just curious, if not I'll just install a switch to the yellow line so I can change it manually.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Circuit component Audio equipment Gadget Cable Body jewelry

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I recall back in the late '70s it was thought that amber lights were superior for seeing in fog. My dad mounted amber fog lights down low on the family motorhome and there were many nights crossing the Appalachian Mountains where we turned off the headlights and drove exclusively with the amber fog lights. It was amazing how much better we could see with the amber lights projecting under the fog and the headlights turned off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts