Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Limited MT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed my GR trim coming off a slight bit and wanted it fixed cause it is a new car and I expect the trim to be flush with the vehicle. Well I went to the dealer today to get it serviced and they did the worse possibly job at fixing the issue. It’s now securely mounted but it’s such an eye sore and if anything even further away from the body line. I contacted Toyota customer service today cause this Toyota dealership always has constant problems and I don’t know why I even bothered. Hopefully this will be rectified, I’m really worried about the paint. I can’t tell if it’s 3M tape or what but it’s bad. There’s the before and after below.
Automotive side-view mirror Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive parking light

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't that the accessory fender vent insert? You can just take the whole thing off. The dealership might not have put it in all the way before pressing down. Check the other side for comparison.
It is the accessory fender vent. I know I can take the whole thing off but it’s more of I paid for a package and it is faulty. The dealer didn’t bother taking it off, they just slapped some adhesive in it and smacked it together. It took them less then an hour and a half to “service” it. Depending on what Toyota customer service says come Thursday, I might just take them off myself. I honestly don’t really like them anyways.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not really. Those accessories literally get installed with 3m tape. There dealer installed them how they all get installed. It is possible they didnt prep the paint properly 1st though. If you want to be a pain in the neck, you can bring it back to the dealer. That will involve any number of neanderthals driving your car around to get it in and out of the shop just to slap a new piece of tape on. Or you can spend 2 minutes of your time to take it off, prep the area, add new tape and stick it back on. As an added bonus nobody drives your car and you get to feel accomplished for the day.
Yeah I’ll probably just take them off my self. I shouldnt have even bothered to be honest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered mine post-delivery. No local (San Diego) Toyota dealer had them in stock. Same with carpet floor mats. I was nervous I would F them up installing them, but they were idiot (me) proof.
Was it literally just 3M tape? No trim clips or anything? Thanks everybody for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts