Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
BRZ S (Limited) Manual Silver
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like that the car has Revenue Camera warnings. The bloody things are everywhere here in Australia…so it’s handy. The problem is that the warning is REALLY LOUD. There are volume settings for just about everything…but nothing to change the volume of this particular warning. I can set it On/Off for Speed Cameras, Red Light Cameras, Average Speed Cameras, Accident Black Spots, but there’s no volume control that I can find. So every couple of minutes driving around I’m getting BONG BONG BONG! I may have to turn all of the warnings off (which I don’t really want to do).

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really like that the car has Revenue Camera warnings. The bloody things are everywhere here in Australia…so it’s handy. The problem is that the warning is REALLY LOUD. There are volume settings for just about everything…but nothing to change the volume of this particular warning. I can set it On/Off for Speed Cameras, Red Light Cameras, Average Speed Cameras, Accident Black Spots, but there’s no volume control that I can find. So every couple of minutes driving around I’m getting BONG BONG BONG! I may have to turn all of the warnings off (which I don’t really want to do).

Anyone got any ideas?
Not bothering anyone then?

·
Registered
69 Posts
In the settings, there are volume adjustments for notifications. I imagine that's where you want to look (can't say for sure because I'm in the US and don't have the issue you're experiencing).

·
Registered
763 Posts

Anyone got any ideas?
Just like engine sound speaker volume, chime volume can be adjusted by a Subaru tech. I'd like to know what instrument I need to do it myself. And I'd like to throttle the idiot who decided not to include these settings in user settings. Everything else is there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not bothering anyone then?
Bothers me. I get them 3 or 4 times in the first 10km of a journey. Nothing to do with speed or speed cameras. Random. Can happen when I'm doing 80, or doing 5. With other traffic, without. Notification level set to min, but this almost bursts my eardrums. No warnings on the dash.

1st month health check is coming up and it will definitely be a point.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve turned off all the warnings except speed cameras. At least that’s reduced the frequency of warnings. It’d love to know they didn’t provide a volume control for these warnings though. There are volume controls for everything else.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There should be a warning that there's about to be a really LOUD WARNING. :LOL:

I think I'd turn that d*mned thing off and accept your highway overlords.

It seems rather schizophrenic of Subaru to - on the one hand - be a safety nanny with the seat belt gong and - on the other hand - enable speeding with the revenue camera gong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts