Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium Mt Black
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
And explain how this shit looks that looks off as fuck to me my milage when she blew was 5561 not 3k nor 2k and according to that it says 2nd at 27mph not dangerous at all how does it go 27 and varying rpms like that idk this seems fucked up and I think they are hiding more information from me no denial reason was given at all and this diagnostic looks fucked up and inaccurate.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Idk shit seems fishy to me on their end it was legit a down shift from 6th to 5th to 4th maintained 90mph amd once in 4th rode the fuck back up it never touched 1st nor 2nd. And I think we all know 2nd gear at 7k doesn't equate 27mph plus my odometer reads exactly 5561 on the dot neither of those readings

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
And here's a picture of my dash in acessory mode after she blew and I tried to start it to move it at the gas station. So here's the proof to it all people I ain't no God damn liar and I ain't got shit to prove to the internet I came here strictly for advise on my damn situation .

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
And explain how this shit looks that looks off as fuck to me my milage when she blew was 5561 not 3k nor 2k and according to that it says 2nd at 27mph not dangerous at all how does it go 27 and varying rpms like that idk this seems fucked up and I think they are hiding more information from me no denial reason was given at all and this diagnostic looks fucked up and inaccurate.
Did you black out the vehicle information or did they before sending it to you?

Going off the information here it seems you could have damaged the engine with whatever conditions were present there at the mileage listed. The data recorder would record the specific event, not the event that happened at the time of failure. What those screenshots show are what the data recorder logged at those specific times / mileage. So at key cycle #534 you ran the engine to 7268RPM downshifting from 2 > 1 @ 2728mi and then in the other key cycle you topped out at 128mph in 6th @ 3340mi. You could have damaged the engine somewhere in there and it took time to fully fail, if that were the case then you would be held responsible for the damage. Additionally with those codes being set they can claim "abuse" and deny the warranty claim as well, however with the car being new, and hopefully stock, there should be some goodwill on the Toyota side.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Did you black out the vehicle information or did they before sending it to you?

Going off the information here it seems you could have damaged the engine with whatever conditions were present there at the mileage listed. The data recorder would record the specific event, not the event that happened at the time of failure. What those screenshots show are what the data recorder logged at those specific times / mileage. So at key cycle #534 you ran the engine to 7268RPM downshifting from 2 > 1 @ 2728mi and then in the other key cycle you topped out at 128mph in 6th @ 3340mi. You could have damaged the engine somewhere in there and it took time to fully fail, if that were the case then you would be held responsible for the damage. Additionally with those codes being set they can claim "abuse" and deny the warranty claim as well, however with the car being new, and hopefully stock, there should be some goodwill on the Toyota side.
I blacked out the Vin and dealer location because that information is irrelevant to you guys , I'm not sure on that all I can say is I have never down shifted from 2nd to 1st the closest to a down shift to 2nd to first is I clutch in in 2nd pulling up to a stop sign and like 4 or so miles per hour sliding into first staying on clutch fully stop and then slide off and go . And still though that leaves the question what are they not giving me I pay for this vehicle you can give me every damn ounce of info you have and a denial reason......

·
Registered
188 Posts
I blacked out the Vin and dealer location because that information is irrelevant to you guys , I'm not sure on that all I can say is I have never down shifted from 2nd to 1st the closest to a down shift to 2nd to first is I clutch in in 2nd pulling up to a stop sign and like 4 or so miles per hour sliding into first staying on clutch fully stop and then slide off and go . And still though that leaves the question what are they not giving me I pay for this vehicle you can give me every damn ounce of info you have and a denial reason......
Is the car 100% stock? (besides something like tint or stickers). They have given you the information that they are using to deny your claim, even IF the reported incidents caused damage to the engine the FACTORY redline is 7,400RPM which you did not exceed. The maximum vehicle speed is irrelevant in any case. They would now need to prove that YOU caused the damage by emptying the oil or some other reason. Even "hooning" the car is not really an excuse to deny a warranty claim, there would have to be substantial evidence to prove that you regularly abuse the car. Social media / forum bragging / drag racing time slips / etc. According to the information they sent you, you have not, in my opinion, operated the vehicle in a way that is outside of its designed parameters. The dealership may feel differently, and Toyota might feel differently than they do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 · (Edited)
Is the car 100% stock? (besides something like tint or stickers). They have given you the information that they are using to deny your claim, even IF the reported incidents caused damage to the engine the FACTORY redline is 7,400RPM which you did not exceed. The maximum vehicle speed is irrelevant in any case. They would now need to prove that YOU caused the damage by emptying the oil or some other reason. Even "hooning" the car is not really an excuse to deny a warranty claim, there would have to be substantial evidence to prove that you regularly abuse the car. Social media / forum bragging / drag racing time slips / etc
Yes the car is 100% stock other than cosmetics and a shift knob and ironically my Instagram is on the side of my car so they can see the beautiful side shots I have of it sitting in a parking spot 😄 she is a beauty in black with 5% tint

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited WRB
110 Posts
Honestly that data looks kinda sus. First off, shifting from second into first at that speed shouldn’t have really been possible bc the trans locks you out, unless you double clutched it in. AFAIK. Never really tried, but the lockout is definitely there at about 15-20. Also, you never overrevved the engine. Idgaf if you bounce it off the rev limiter in gear, that isn’t a money shift. That’s just being a dumbass but it’s within the engines rev range. I hit redline in my BRZ regularly(ish). I paid for 7400 rpm, and you can bet your ass I’m gonna use it.

I would reach out to Toyota corp. I had issues with old GM vehicles that were new(before I learned to avoid American cars altogether lmfao) at the time that the dealers refused to honor. But as much as GMs dealers suck, corporate was a lot more helpful. My gut feeling is if anybodys gonna help ya it’s gonna be Toyota corp themselves.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Honestly that data looks kinda sus. First off, shifting from second into first at that speed shouldn’t have really been possible bc the trans locks you out, unless you double clutched it in. AFAIK. Never really tried, but the lockout is definitely there at about 15-20. Also, you never overrevved the engine. Idgaf if you bounce it off the rev limiter in gear, that isn’t a money shift. That’s just being a dumbass but it’s within the engines rev range. I hit redline in my BRZ regularly(ish). I paid for 7400 rpm, and you can bet your ass I’m gonna use it.

I would reach out to Toyota corp. I had issues with old GM vehicles that were new(before I learned to avoid American cars altogether lmfao) at the time that the dealers refused to honor. But as much as GMs dealers suck, corporate was a lot more helpful. My gut feeling is if anybodys gonna help ya it’s gonna be Toyota corp themselves.
Fucking thank you bro I appreciate this I thought that shit looked fucked I'll be calling them tommorw.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes the car is 100% stock other than cosmetics and a shift knob
In my opinion, as an ex-service writer for a major manufacturer, they have no reason to deny your claim. There are a few possible explanations:

1. There is more to the story than what is being told, either by you or by this Toyota dealer. Based on what you have shared I'd say that it leans more towards them than you.
  2. They have substantial reason to deny your claim i.e. proof that you have used the car in timed racing, proof that the car has been abused like shredded tire in the rear wheel housing.
  3. The story that was provided by you initially to them in regards to the situation made it seem like the car was being abused at the time of failure. I will say that if you walked into my dealer and told me you were doing a 6>5>4>5>6 "pull" I'd be wary of trying to get your vehicle warrantied in regards to an engine because you're literally telling the service writer that you are abusing the car at time of failure.
  4. The dealer is incredibly shady, wants to tell you that the warranty claim is denied so that they can get it approved (this assumes that they never actually tried to get it approved by Toyota) after you trade it in for a new vehicle and then they can re-sell it as if nothing ever happened.
  5. The dealer does not want to work on your vehicle because it is like the Supra, and is outside of the regular norm of Toyota parts / service.

FWIW the oil you showed looks like regular first oil change oil. There are some metallic particles but not enough to show engine failure. The boroscope pic on the scan tool shows absolute jack shit and I have no idea what they're even looking at. The dealer seems like they suck or are incompetent at best. I also regularly hit the rev limiter and do not have crazy oil consumption issues or have any engine problems.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited WRB
110 Posts
Fucking thank you bro I appreciate this I thought that shit looked fucked I'll be calling them tommorw.
Yeah I mean all that data you posted basically says that at one point (after break in) you hit the cars top speed (whatever, the engine was at 5600rpm so nearly 2k from redline) and one time you downshifted 2-1 and almost hit redline. Neither one of those things justifies denying the warranty claim, unless there’s more that they aren’t showing you. I would ask them where in the terms of the warranty that driving the car at it’s governed top speed or almost redlining the engine is grounds for denial.

They could say it demonstrates that you were racing or abusing the car but that’s honestly a load of shit. There is either more to the story insofar as why they’re denying you, or they have a reason to want to deny you period and they’re looking for an excuse.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 · (Edited)
Yeah I mean all that data you posted basically says that at one point (after break in) you hit the cars top speed (whatever, the engine was at 5600rpm so nearly 2k from redline) and one time you downshifted 2-1 and almost hit redline. Neither one of those things justifies denying the warranty claim, unless there’s more that they aren’t showing you. I would ask them where in the terms of the warranty that driving the car at it’s governed top speed or almost redlining the engine is grounds for denial.

They could say it demonstrates that you were racing or abusing the car but that’s honestly a load of shit. There is either more to the story insofar as why they’re denying you, or they have a reason to want to deny you period and they’re looking for an excuse.
Honestly I think they are looking for a fucking excuse cuz everybody wants this car and it's barely being fucking made man they probably wana fuck me for money and sell it for even moreeeee , I got tint , subs all sorts of cosmetic appeal fuck them man I did nothing wrong point blank period. And honestly too the dealership it's at is probably fucking ass the first time I ever brought the vehicle there a tech grabbed my door by the fucking window(damn near went off on him) and the valet can't even drive fucking stick I literally watched some young as kid hop in and immediately stall my shit. Not to mention when I bought it from Oakland toyota they sold it to me marked the fuck up and I took it because I wanted this fucking car at any price and this is what I fucking get , a whole ass fuck around and Sus ass shit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
In my opinion, as an ex-service writer for a major manufacturer, they have no reason to deny your claim. There are a few possible explanations:

1. There is more to the story than what is being told, either by you or by this Toyota dealer. Based on what you have shared I'd say that it leans more towards them than you.
  2. They have substantial reason to deny your claim i.e. proof that you have used the car in timed racing, proof that the car has been abused like shredded tire in the rear wheel housing.
  3. The story that was provided by you initially to them in regards to the situation made it seem like the car was being abused at the time of failure. I will say that if you walked into my dealer and told me you were doing a 6>5>4>5>6 "pull" I'd be wary of trying to get your vehicle warrantied in regards to an engine because you're literally telling the service writer that you are abusing the car at time of failure.
  4. The dealer is incredibly shady, wants to tell you that the warranty claim is denied so that they can get it approved (this assumes that they never actually tried to get it approved by Toyota) after you trade it in for a new vehicle and then they can re-sell it as if nothing ever happened.
  5. The dealer does not want to work on your vehicle because it is like the Supra, and is outside of the regular norm of Toyota parts / service.

FWIW the oil you showed looks like regular first oil change oil. There are some metallic particles but not enough to show engine failure. The boroscope pic on the scan tool shows absolute jack shit and I have no idea what they're even looking at. The dealer seems like they suck or are incompetent at best. I also regularly hit the rev limiter and do not have crazy oil consumption issues or have any engine problems.
Oh and as far as what I told them it wasn't nessasarily a pull I said I downshifted from 6th to 5th to 4th to get around someone and then got back up into 6th.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,090 Posts
Unfortunately based on those logs, showing speed that high, I have very little faith that anything here will be covered. There is no evidence of a money shift based on what is shown. In all reality the car should be able to handle those speeds. I have had mine up past there more than once. It seems like it all very simply boils down to not enough oil. As much as I would like to blame the dealer, its hard for me to get through my head that anyone would take their car to that level of extreme and not pay attention to the fluids and pressures. Not throwing shade at anyone. I wish the OP best of luck getting this covered, but if I were to place a wager it would be be that the dealer wins here.

And in all seriousness, lets keep the name calling and trash talk outta here. Im all for a few pokes and jabs to have some fun. But this looks like a childish shit show. Pull it together fellas.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 · (Edited)
Unfortunately based on those logs, showing speed that high, I have very little faith that anything here will be covered. There is no evidence of a money shift based on what is shown. In all reality the car should be able to handle those speeds. I have had mine up past there more than once. It seems like it all very simply boils down to not enough oil. As much as I would like to blame the dealer, its hard for me to get through my head that anyone would take their car to that level of extreme and not pay attention to the fluids and pressures. Not throwing shade at anyone. I wish the OP best of luck getting this covered, but if I were to place a wager it would be be that the dealer wins here.

And in all seriousness, lets keep the name calling and trash talk outta here. Im all for a few pokes and jabs to have some fun. But this looks like a childish shit show. Pull it together fellas.
The only reason I was comfortable pushing the car and didn't check it is because the dealer repeatedly told me any oil change under 7500 is unessasary and the car is brand spanking new I asked almost every time but the last time I went in about 3k mile change do every 5k and every time the answer was 7500 so it leads to the question where did the other 3.3qts go ? Cuz I sure as hell don't know and it shouldn't be gone from 5.5k miles let alone a combination of low oil and dirty ass oil not popping a oil presure light , I bought a new car and got rid of my 2016 frs specifically so I wouldn't have these problems and they came and got me anyway...... and as you said I pushed it there because the car is capable and I know it. governs at 140 if the car can't handle that speed it shouldn't be governed there. I appreciate all your input through this process man I'm just hot headed and felt provoked.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here is a reality: From late model Corvettes, to Muscle cars, to the Twins here, none of them are built with heavy duty drive trains. All of the greatness is mainly “on paper” backed by engineering numbers. Things like money shifts are rarely the cause of cases like these. Low oil, possible, but in the end, none of them are built with materials that can truly bear the brunt of anything really aggressive. Yes, we should check our fluids all the time. Especially when new… because who knows how things are settling in. Aggressive driving, even when done correctly is still a gamble where it’s a bet between the driver and car. Stuff is made cheap . Kind of always was, but, you know….got to keep costs down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Here is a reality: From late model Corvettes, to Muscle cars, to the Twins here, none of them are built with heavy duty drive trains. All of the greatness is mainly “on paper” backed by engineering numbers. Things like money shifts are rarely the cause of cases like these. Low oil, possible, but in the end, none of them are built with materials that can truly bear the brunt of anything really aggressive. Yes, we should check our fluids all the time. Especially when new… because who knows how things are settling in. Aggressive driving, even when done correctly is still a gamble where it’s a bet between the driver and car. Stuff is made cheap . Kind of always was, but, you know….got to keep costs down.
Yeah if shit was only still built like before I was born older cars are built like fucking tanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
As far as the software recall I feel that may have something to do with my computer diagnostics looking sus and off the recall for this car is dcm related , correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like this may be something in my favor?

Attachments

161 - 180 of 187 Posts