Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium Mt Black
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Over all this is bullshit though 3.3qts shouldn't be missing in 5.5k miles a engine will grenade at any speed from no oil and I pay 150 a month extra for extra warranty and I've brought it 3 or 4 diffrent occasions every time I asked about oilchange 7500 was advised , no oil or fluid checks were documented on any of these drop ins not once did they disscus oil change time frame or milage unless I asked and the answer was 7500 every fucking time.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,090 Posts
So what are they providing as evidence that this was your fault? If they want to make a claim as bold as "the computer says you did a money shift" you have every right to see what they are looking at to reach that conclusion. Unfortunately with dealers you cant just take their word for anything. Usually they have your back and want to cover things under warranty because its gauranteed payment. In times like this when supply shortages are a real thing and the manufacturers are struggling just to roll cars off the assembly line, parts are precious. That sadly changes how willing they are to "give" you a new engine. This is a prime example of why I encourage people NOT to buy ANY additional warranties, insurances or junk the finance guys tries to push on you. If they can weasel their way out of paying, they absolutely will.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium AT Raven
56 Posts
I don't want to kick a guy while he's down or jump to conclusions, but it does not seem like we've yet heard the "whole story".

Whatever happened, it's a shitty situation and I feel for the guy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
So what are they providing as evidence that this was your fault? If they want to make a claim as bold as "the computer says you did a money shift" you have every right to see what they are looking at to reach that conclusion. Unfortunately with dealers you cant just take their word for anything. Usually they have your back and want to cover things under warranty because its gauranteed payment. In times like this when supply shortages are a real thing and the manufacturers are struggling just to roll cars off the assembly line, parts are precious. That sadly changes how willing they are to "give" you a new engine. This is a prime example of why I encourage people NOT to buy ANY additional warranties, insurances or junk the finance guys tries to push on you. If they can weasel their way out of paying, they absolutely will.
He proceeded directly from it being denied to what I wanted tocabout it didn't state why and I got oissed off cuz its clearly about the money so I asked for claim number and Corp number, a bit ago a sales men from the exact dealership called me trying to sell me a gr86 I told him mine was there broken down and if he could tell my adviser to give me all info on my denial I'd appreciate it he got quiet I asked if he was there and he hung up . I then called service and my service adviser is magically woth a customer so I left my email and stated I needed every ounce of denial sent to my email .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 · (Edited)
I don't want to kick a guy while he's down or jump to conclusions, but it does not seem like we've yet heard the "whole story".

Whatever happened, it's a shitty situation and I feel for the guy.
You have heard the whole fucking story only part missing is I was going 129 but that is irrelevant to the fact that there was no oil in the vehicle other than 2qts shit woukd have blown regardless of speed at somepoint , my grandfather was a life long mechanic 3.3qts doesn't just go missing in 5.5k miles it was due for service at 7500 according to all the times I asked them and my uncle works on warranty cars if it was downshifted at that speed I wouldn't be here first of all , second the rod would be thrown and no bearing damage , lack of oil the bearings would show copper backs. End of the day I'm already over paying for the car and now they want more fucking money from me and all my lively hood I've worked for these last 5 years of getting my shit straight the car was driven within its limits and didn't die from abuse it died because no oil and the dealer I bought it from didn't fill it and it just magically took this long to blow or it is eating way more oil than it should have. So in regards to the "whole story " all yall didn't know was my fucking speed which doesn't matter period because I wasn't rev limiter bouncing the car had 2qts in it that alone will grenade a engine at any speed it just so happened to happen when I got on it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
So here in a bit my service adviser will be receiving this text to the letter , "It's clear you guys are trying to swindle me for more and more money I'm already over paying for this car , I have bumper to bumper Warranty that I pay 150 a month extra for my grandfather was a life long mechanic he said there's no way in hell 3.3qts goes missing in 5.5k miles you guys repeatedly told me anything less than a oil change at 7500 was unessasary , the supposed 2nd gear down shift that yall said happened and IT DID NOT would show a rod thrown and no bearing damage the lack of oil would cause the bearings to show copper backs and I know this because my uncle works on warranty cars for a living , all in all this needs to be corrected because I am covered I don't pay an extra 150 a month for nothing , I'd like all the diagnostic every ounce of information and pictures you have on my denial and if you guys aren't going to work with me I will be in touch with my lawyer , I will not stand for being swindled this is not right at all and the car is brand new and should have coverage across the board."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ya good thing I don't care what you think and at the end of the day I'm the mother fucker getting fucked for all of this
and what makes you think we care about your car. I think this is a case of if you tell a lie long enough it might become true. This tread has gone on for 8 pages and you have shown zero proof. If it did blow up you probly drove exactly how you talk... like a 12 year old

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
and what makes you think we care about your car. I think this is a case of if you tell a lie long enough it might become true. This tread has gone on for 8 pages and you have shown zero proof. If it did blow up you probly drove exactly how you talk... like a 12 year old
See yourself out buddy, I haven't shown proof because they haven't given me anything yet. You sound like a hating ass bitch bro , I legit asked them for proof once a few days ago and again today fuck outa here bruh

·
Registered
13 Posts
OP - I am sorry you are going through this.

However, my dad ran a car dealer for over 25 years so I can say I have seen just about everything. I was basically raised at a car dealer. The dealer will never take responsibility for low oil. Not just oil but all fluids. Its is known as a maintenance item and is up to the owner to make sure the oil is full. Even though you took your car to the dealer multiple times for other issues, its not their responsibility to check the oil. Even if it didnt come full when you bought it, they expect you to check it. As for the dealer saying you over revved it, they do have the ability to check and will show you if that is actually the case. ECUs these days capture a lot more info than people think. The ECU in my Supra can tell that I have a piggy back system installed even though it has nothing to do with the tune.

Long story short, you will not win. For the money it will cost to hire a lawyer, it would be cheaper to just buy a new engine. You have to ask yourself, who has more money, you or the dealer? Money always wins. Sucks but its the truth.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 · (Edited)
OP - I am sorry you are going through this.

However, my dad ran a car dealer for over 25 years so I can say I have seen just about everything. I was basically raised at a car dealer. The dealer will never take responsibility for low oil. Not just oil but all fluids. Its is known as a maintenance item and is up to the owner to make sure the oil is full. Even though you took your car to the dealer multiple times for other issues, its not their responsibility to check the oil. Even if it didnt come full when you bought it, they expect you to check it. As for the dealer saying you over revved it, they do have the ability to check and will show you if that is actually the case. ECUs these days capture a lot more info than people think. The ECU in my Supra can tell that I have a piggy back system installed even though it has nothing to do with the tune.

Long story short, you will not win. For the money it will cost to hire a lawyer, it would be cheaper to just buy a new engine. You have to ask yourself, who has more money, you or the dealer? Money always wins. Sucks but its the truth.
Yeah I get what your saying man I just don't understand how a 6th gear down shift to 5th at 90mph to 4th at 90 rode back up to 5th then 6th equates to a 2nd gear down shift all the info he told me the computer read was correct other then that supposed 2nd ,last week other then that and today they gave me only the denial and pushed straight into how I wanted to proceed we will see how it pans out my mother works for the state so I shoukd have a state supplied lawyer for free but other then that, I'm gonna see myself off this fourm because I have received good advise and input here but also some shit I'm not gonna tolerate as seen above I ain't no fucking liar I'll tell you that I know what I did I know the car can handle it it plain and simple just didn't have oil from the seems of the situation and blew which woukd have happened at any speed I'm not gonna let some hating ass bitch that wants to call me 12 on the internet like a tough guy and probably has his parents still pay for his shit continue to trigger me , I appreciate your insight man.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I get what your saying man I just don't understand how a 6th gear down shift to 5th at 90mph to 4th at 90 rode back up to 5th then 6th equates to a 2nd gear down shift all the info he told me the computer read was correct other then that supposed 2nd ,last week other then that and today they gave me only the denial and pushed straight into how I wanted to proceed we will see how it pans out my mother works for the state so I shoukd have a state supplied lawyer for free but other then that, I'm gonna see myself off this fourm because I have received good advise and input here but also some shit I'm not gonna tolerate as seen above I ain't no fucking liar I'll tell you that I know what I did I know the car can handle it it plain and simple just didn't have oil from the seems of the situation and blew which woukd have happened at any speed I'm not gonna let some hating ass bitch that wants to call me 12 on the internet like a tough guy and probably has his parents still pay for his shit continue to trigger me , I appreciate your insight man.
Before you leave though, some advise. If you go on acting and talking like a thug, your always going to be a thug. No will take you serious. Especially, a business. I'm being perfectly honest when I say (and I'm implore to read back through your language and choice of works) your going to have a harder time in life this way. You could have easily provided photos showing your engine bay, dip stick, dash lights. metal chips, or anything at all. My personal opinion from what you've recounted, you down shifed from 6th to 2nd going 80 or whatever speed and YES, you did blew your engine. Now your hoping you can convince the world that there was no oil. It's not impossibly but highly improbable. As far as my parents paying for my "shit". I guess I can't prove that to you. They are both dead and my paid for my "shit" cash...
Font Line Music Parallel Handwriting

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Before you leave though, some advise. If you go on acting and talking like a thug, your always going to be a thug. No will take you serious. Especially, a business. I'm being perfectly honest when I say (and I'm implore to read back through your language and choice of works) your going to have a harder time in life this way. You could have easily provided photos showing your engine bay, dip stick, dash lights. metal chips, or anything at all. My personal opinion from what you've recounted, you down shifed from 6th to 2nd going 80 or whatever speed and YES, you did blew your engine. Now your hoping you can convince the world that there was no oil. It's not impossibly but highly improbable. As far as my parents paying for my "shit". I guess I can't prove that to you. They are both dead and my paid for my "shit" cash...
View attachment 8939
Go ahead and tell me what I did and didn't do buddy it's irrelevant to me like I said end of the day I'm the one with everything on the line and I know what I didn't and a 2nd gear down shift wasn't it. Congrats though at least your not some spoiled bitch with daddy's money I give you props for that. Like I said too I've asked them twice for shit and have yet to receive anything as far as "proof" .

·
Registered
121 Posts
What’s their verdict for warranty denial?
Operator error? Low oil? Aggressive driving?

I know in some cases if you write Toyota a nice letter explaining your circumstances, they may split the bill with you out of good will.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
What’s their verdict for warranty denial?
Operator error? Low oil? Aggressive driving?

I know in some cases if you write Toyota a nice letter explaining your circumstances, they may split the bill with you out of good will.
No reason included in anything the gave me brodie.... I'm gona call corporate tonmorw and see if something can be worked out cuz all of this is bullshit and honestly the person hiding something here is them because out of what they gave me and I quote my advisors email "THIS IS THE ONLY INFORMATION I CAN GIVE YOU IN REGUARDS TO YOUR CONCERN AS PER TOYOTA[CORP]"

141 - 160 of 187 Posts