Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium Mt Black
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
To the OP, if they say it's abuse, ask them why they supply a free track day with purchase.... I mean, you can't do much more abuse than at a track day. Those screen shot clearly show it was not over revved.
That's what I'm saying bro hahahaha like you ain't finna max a car out and brake hard and all , that's the first thing I thought .

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,090 Posts
Yeah if shit was only still built like before I was born older cars are built like fucking tanks
If by tanks you mean tons and tons of steel than yes. But if you are trying to say they were reliable I have to disagree. Cars from that era seldom lasted 100k miles without major engine or trans repair. You had to check the oil at every fuel stop and more than likely it needed a half quart or more. The thought was that they were badass tough cars. Looking at it now there are 4 cyl little Japanese cars that make more power than monster V8 muscle cars from back in the day. Reliability and durability are up 1000% compared to those days.

·
Registered
‘22 GR86
27 Posts
If by tanks you mean tons and tons of steel than yes. But if you are trying to say they were reliable I have to disagree. Cars from that era seldom lasted 100k miles without major engine or trans repair. You had to check the oil at every fuel stop and more than likely it needed a half quart or more. The thought was that they were badass tough cars. Looking at it now there are 4 cyl little Japanese cars that make more power than monster V8 muscle cars from back in the day. Reliability and durability are up 1000% compared to those days.
Yeah, exactly. There is a reason all of our granddads are essentially mechanics, haha.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's what I'm saying bro hahahaha like you ain't finna max a car out and brake hard and all , that's the first thing I thought .
The only thing they can really fight you for at this point is the low oil level. Again, their fault or the engines fault, they are still going to say it's your fault for not checking the oil. Sadly, they will also show you some sort of documentation that says its normal for an engine to eat 1qt of oil every 1000-1500 miles. On top of that, they will also say that when they told you that you were fine to go 7500 miles on an oil change, they were right. They just didn't tell you to check the oil every 1000 miles because in their guidelines (i dont know what their actual #s are), burning 1qt that fast is within regulations and its up to you to keep it full (again, normal maintenance like keeping your tires at the right psi). Sad but true, this is partially the reason why some cars dont get a low oil level light.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
So I called corporate explained to them the situation they tired to get me with the supra team and a supervisor none were available I told them I was not comfortable talking to a manager of the dealership I came to corporate for a reason the dealership gave me denial with no reason they aren't working with me andmy car is covered around I pay for extra warranty for a reason , did nothing wrong it was not abused it was within its limits yall even give a track pass with purchase I asked about oil changes ect and was told 7500 was fine every time i spoke to the dealer, so I have a new case number separate from the dealership with corporate now and will be hearing in 1 to 2 business days.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
No I ment legit like tanks hahahahaha not performance and what not.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts