Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,807 Posts
Plasti dip. There is a new version that has gloss to it and looks just like its painted. I have a car that has had plasti dipped badges for 10 years. People like to crap talk it, but I personally have had good luck with it on everything I have applied it to.

·
Registered
GR86 MT Pavement
779 Posts
Plasti dip. There is a new version that has gloss to it and looks just like its painted. I have a car that has had plasti dipped badges for 10 years. People like to crap talk it, but I personally have had good luck with it on everything I have applied it to.
My only issue with it, and I like the stuff, is with wheels as it's hard to clean.

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
1,807 Posts
My only issue with it, and I like the stuff, is with wheels as it's hard to clean.
The flat finish stuff made it hard. The newer hyper dip stuff with gloss finish isnt bad at all. You can use a regular car wash sponge or rag on it and it wipes clean. Cant recommend it enough.

·
Registered
Raven Black GR86 Premium 6MT
210 Posts
@pete39sp on instagram makes custom powdercoated aluminum badges in all sorts of shapes and colors, and for cheaper than the off-the-shelf badge sets. I got my bronze toyota badges from him for $165.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Font Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Badge Automotive tire

·
Registered
210 Posts
86Worx always has them too and also matt black 86 logo but like you said, they're not cheap.
I looked at this set while trying to find a way to eliminate all the chrome badging, and was really disappointed that their $320 “matte black emblem set” still has a friggin chrome GR logo. Literally just pop the 86 off the trunk and spray paint it at that point.
Product Automotive design Font Emblem Symbol

Fortunately ebay got me with the dechromed GR badge.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT Raven Black, 2003 VW GTI VR6 6MT Reflex Silver
62 Posts
Let us know how that ebay badge feels/ looks when you get it. That is an interesting find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How did you remove the front badge? I can't seem to get the fishing line behind it, keeps getting caught on the hard plastic edge.

@pete39sp on instagram makes custom powdercoated aluminum badges in all sorts of shapes and colors, and for cheaper than the off-the-shelf badge sets. I got my bronze toyota badges from him for $165.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How did you remove the front badge? I can't seem to get the fishing line behind it, keeps getting caught on the hard plastic edge.
It may help to pry up a bit with a plastic tool so you can get your line in. Keep in mind that there are 2 separate pieces, the toyota emblem and then the black plastic piece behind it.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also foudn these which look pretty good:

Video of it on a Supra:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts