Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so with the new car coming, what do you think is the biggest area where Toyota needs to improve on the old car?

Maybe torque dip?

Grippier tires?

·
Registered
21 Posts
torque dip fix , larger Tires Like 18" , Higher rpm limiter cause the fa20 and Fa24 can reach 9k rpm from stock without losing durability and a "eco mod" to go in city without wasting 10 km/liter and to make the sound a bit less noisier , Police don't have to watch us ahahah

·
Registered
108 Posts
Torque dip for sure but if its true the motor we're getting is the 2.4 liter maybe that won't be as big of an issue. Hell its not hard to fix the torque dip at all, I fixed mine with a grimmspeed cold air intake and now full exhaust minus headers as they are pricey and I'd have to pay for someone to tune my car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Honestly i think that there was a torque dip in old 86 cause they have to pass pollution tests for Europe and with the torque dip the car makes lower CO2 so i think that if they get a mild Hybrid system from Subaru or a full Hybrid system from Toyota there wont be that torque dip and there Will be more torque cause the Electric engine at low Speed/rpm increase a lot the torque, see the new Honda nsx to have proof and to see how It works

·
Registered
112 Posts
Honestly i think that there was a torque dip in old 86 cause they have to pass pollution tests for Europe and with the torque dip the car makes lower CO2 so i think that if they get a mild Hybrid system from Subaru or a full Hybrid system from Toyota there wont be that torque dip and there Will be more torque cause the Electric engine at low Speed/rpm increase a lot the torque, see the new Honda nsx to have proof and to see how It works
That would be a huge leap forward for the car if it's given any kind of hybrid system. I don't see Toyota and Subaru going that far with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are forced ti mate , european market Is Like 20/30% of the global Number , and there Is from 2018 a stupid rule for all Europe that says that you can't produce cars that have more thanx ~90 gram CO2 per km , gr86 Is 168grams per km , so they are forced to use Hybrid system , else they wont sell in Europe cause they are forced to pay 9k€ ( 8000$) extra that means there Will be and insane price , and else they could not get inside Town cause in urbanised places there are limited traffic zone where only Hybrid car and Electric shit can drive , rip pure thermic cars

·
Registered
112 Posts
They are forced ti mate , european market Is Like 20/30% of the global Number , and there Is from 2018 a stupid rule for all Europe that says that you can't produce cars that have more thanx ~90 gram CO2 per km , gr86 Is 168grams per km , so they are forced to use Hybrid system , else they wont sell in Europe cause they are forced to pay 9k€ ( 8000$) extra that means there Will be and insane price , and else they could not get inside Town cause in urbanised places there are limited traffic zone where only Hybrid car and Electric shit can drive , rip pure thermic cars
I believe that's an average for a car company's fleet of vehicles, not for each one. I think Toyota and Subaru will be in a good spot to deal with it.

2020-21 target
From 2021, phased in from 2020, the EU fleet-wide average emission target for new cars will be 95 g CO2/km.

This emission level corresponds to a fuel consumption of around 4.1 l/100 km of petrol or 3.6 l/100 km of diesel.

Specific emission targets for manufacturers
The binding emission targets for manufacturers are set according to the average mass of their vehicles, using a limit value curve. This means that manufacturers of heavier cars are allowed higher emissions than manufacturers of lighter cars. The curve is set in such a way that the targets for the EU fleet-wide average emissions are achieved.

In 2020, the emission targets will apply for each manufacturer’s 95% least emitting new cars. From 2021 onward, the average emissions of all newly registered cars of a manufacturer will have to be below the target.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The FA20 engine in the current 86/BRZ sips premium fuel. With the current turbocharged FA24 using regular fuel, I hope the new engine in the 86/BRZ will only be required with regular grade fuel as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The FA20 engine in the current 86/BRZ sips premium fuel. With the current turbocharged FA24 using regular fuel, I hope the new engine in the 86/BRZ will only be required with regular grade fuel as well.
That would be great if they did that but I have my doubts that it would happen. I'm expecting it to require premium once again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts