Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium MT Black
93 Posts
Following up on this thread. I installed my AWE Track Edition Catback yesterday. Cold starts are LOUD and mellow out after the high idle period. This exhaust sounds very refined but beware, it is a loud exhaust. For those wondering about the drone, yes there is a significant amount of drone with the Track Edition. In 6th gear above 3k it's pretty noticeable and at 4k you hear it over all the AC, music and road noise. If you do a lot of highway driving and can't deal with the drone get the touring edition for sure. I'm in love with it personally. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Following up on this thread. I installed my AWE Track Edition Catback yesterday. Cold starts are LOUD and mellow out after the high idle period. This exhaust sounds very refined but beware, it is a loud exhaust. For those wondering about the drone, yes there is a significant amount of drone with the Track Edition. In 6th gear above 3k it's pretty noticeable and at 4k you hear it over all the AC, music and road noise. If you do a lot of highway driving and can't deal with the drone get the touring edition for sure. I'm in love with it personally. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.
I saw a couple of videos with the touring cold start and that was loud. Can't imagine the track. I'll be installing my touring tomorrow.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Thanks for the review Ginge! You are spot on, the Track is perfect for those who are looking for rowdiness, while the Touring will work best for those looking for something more refined, especially for in cabin comfort.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I ordered my touring from MAPerformance last month and they said It might not ship until Jul 9th.😩
If they did not have any in stock, it would have to be made to order and right now our lead times on orders are about 2-3 weeks.

Shooting you a DM to get your information and I can get you a better answer for your system specifically.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts