Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT Raven Black, 2003 VW GTI VR6 6MT Reflex Silver
55 Posts
Whats not to understand about not wanting to screw over dealers? As the owner of a business that is a dealer (not car related) I really respect AWE for standing up for their dealers.
I like your choice of words "screw over dealers". Thank you for the chuckle. I've been both procurement and sales at my current employer... the ones that get screwed in the end are the customers... businesses have to win to stay in the black bro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow you guys made the usually tedious and uncertain task of picking an exhaust easy! Very nice job on the videos/pics and love that you have conversion kits. Pricing seems spot on too. This is officially on my spreadsheet of parts. Now if I could just get the damn car...

Question: do you guys plan to make headers also?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definitely here for the dB ratings for the Touring version, and another question. I don't remember seeing a cold start in your sound video. This is an amazing sounding exhaust, and should I decide to get a GR86 (and can find one in manual with the trim and color I want) it will probably be at the top of my list for modifications. I would however really like to hear how loud this is on cold starts.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Wow you guys made the usually tedious and uncertain task of picking an exhaust easy! Very nice job on the videos/pics and love that you have conversion kits. Pricing seems spot on too. This is officially on my spreadsheet of parts. Now if I could just get the damn car...

Question: do you guys plan to make headers also?
Thanks very much, we try to be thorough!

No plans for headers at this time.

If we buy from you guys, can we swing by the shop and get it installed too?
We are not offering installs currently, but if you would like to pickup instead of shipping shoot me a DM and we can do that for ya.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Definitely here for the dB ratings for the Touring version, and another question. I don't remember seeing a cold start in your sound video. This is an amazing sounding exhaust, and should I decide to get a GR86 (and can find one in manual with the trim and color I want) it will probably be at the top of my list for modifications. I would however really like to hear how loud this is on cold starts.
There is a start up at the beginning of each section in the video below. Not a true cold start because the car was slightly warm before we started it up, so your cold starts may be a little more aggressive than this especially in winter months. Hopefully this gives you a general idea though!

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
For those asking about decibel testing;

We performed the SAE J149 standard to test dB. the BRZ tested at 96 dB during that test. This is on par with what we would expect from any aftermarket exhaust system.

Keep in mind that if the parameters are anything but the SAE standard, that the number can be different.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For those asking about decibel testing;

We performed the SAE J149 standard to test dB. the BRZ tested at 96 dB during that test. This is on par with what we would expect from any aftermarket exhaust system.

Keep in mind that if the parameters are anything but the SAE standard, that the number can be different.
Not familiar with that test. Are those idle decibels? I just need to know how pissed my neighbors are going to be 🤔

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium MT Black
93 Posts
Not familiar with that test. Are those idle decibels? I just need to know how pissed my neighbors are going to be 🤔
I'm curious as well but to be fair, my neighbor across the street idles his loud ass diesel truck for 20-30 minutes every morning at 6:30 Monday-Friday. I can hear his truck rumble through my house every single morning... So I don't really feel that bad. I'll let you know how loud it is, mine is supposed to ship on the 6th.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I'm curious as well but to be fair, my neighbor across the street idles his loud ass diesel truck for 20-30 minutes every morning at 6:30 Monday-Friday. I can hear his truck rumble through my house every single morning... So I don't really feel that bad. I'll let you know how loud it is, mine is supposed to ship on the 6th.
The test is standard and performed at 4000 RPMs, 8" off the ground and 19" away from the system on a 45 degree angle.

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
But these are made to order so isnt it the samething as backorders lol :p
congratulations though, im also going to pull the trigger soon.
A bunch of dealers ordered them ahead of time and have already gotten them in stock. Mine is arriving on Wednesday from Subimods.
You got it, we did have some initial stock when we launched, and our dealers should have these systems stocked and ready for ya.

For those that are not in a hurry you can still order through us, lead time is at about 3-4 weeks currently.

·
Registered
84 Posts
FTspeed just put up a video for their Exhaust bible in case you guys wanted another perspective on this exhaust.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Vendor
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
FTspeed just put up a video for their Exhaust bible in case you guys wanted another perspective on this exhaust.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Great video and reference. Thank you for posting!

81 - 100 of 116 Posts