Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Unfortunately, I'm limited to the 6AT - I think EyeSight is critical to me purchasing a vehicle. However, I'd really like to see the 6AT improved. I have a few things to ask about.

There are modifications that have been made for the previous gen AT that improve the response - Namely an upgraded valvebody, torque converter, and clutch kit, seen here:
SSP FRS/BRZ AT Stage 2 Package (dsgperformance.com) Does anyone know if this will be compatible with the new BRZ/GR86?

The downshift limiter seems to be largely limited by software - has anyone tried to remove this? Downshifting all the way to 7000 would be amazing and really sell me on this car.

Thanks for the info. I hope these can be resolved!

·
Super Moderator
694 Posts
Hello all,

Unfortunately, I'm limited to the 6AT - I think EyeSight is critical to me purchasing a vehicle. However, I'd really like to see the 6AT improved. I have a few things to ask about.

There are modifications that have been made for the previous gen AT that improve the response - Namely an upgraded valvebody, torque converter, and clutch kit, seen here:
SSP FRS/BRZ AT Stage 2 Package (dsgperformance.com) Does anyone know if this will be compatible with the new BRZ/GR86?

The downshift limiter seems to be largely limited by software - has anyone tried to remove this? Downshifting all the way to 7000 would be amazing and really sell me on this car.

Thanks for the info. I hope these can be resolved!
Yeah downshifting in the software - you will need to wait for tuners, which are waiting on ECU companies like ECUTEK to support the car. That will definitely come.

Not sure about that aftermarket auto gearbox upgrade, but chat to the manufacturer? I'd be cautious without a rock solid guarantee that it will fit.

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah downshifting in the software - you will need to wait for tuners, which are waiting on ECU companies like ECUTEK to support the car. That will definitely come.

Not sure about that aftermarket auto gearbox upgrade, but chat to the manufacturer? I'd be cautious without a rock solid guarantee that it will fit.
that's good to hear. I might reach out to ECUTEK in that case.

I wonder if we'll also be able to change the rear differential without issue - 2nd gear being good for 70 something is far too much, in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
694 Posts
that's good to hear. I might reach out to ECUTEK in that case.

I wonder if we'll also be able to change the rear differential without issue - 2nd gear being good for 70 something is far too much, in my opinion.
Yeah - probably change that without issue - But be careful that your not the guinepig unless you have the time to deal with potential initial issues. Keep checking forums and youtube, plus you can shoot emails to manufacturers, though admittedly there just isn't enough cars out there for them to have already checked compatability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts