Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1061 - 1080 of 1132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,702 Posts
hi guys, I have read somewhere that the top trim on BRZ in Australia has 6 speakers whereas GR86 GTS comes with 8 speakers. I am not an audiophile by any means but I definitely do not want to have a crappy audio system in my car as I listen to music while driving.

I am looking to buy a MT and, as you all know by now, GR86 is freaking overpriced and $4.5k more expensive than the equivalent BRZ. However, if the 8 speakers in GR86 are noticeably better than 6 speakers in BRZ, I might just suck it up and go for GR86 only for the superior audio system.

what are your thoughts on this? do you think the 8 speakers in GR86 is worth the extra $4.5k?
It only had that in the US (and other markets). We get the pov spec 6 speaker in both.

If you want to know what the car has, just check the spec sheet at toyota.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

New to this forum, and let me start by thanking you all for the plethora of information on this forum that has kept me up to date in GR86 launch and other updates (more so than my dealer 😀)

Background: I placed pre-order for GR86 with my local dealer early this year.
In Aug-22, my dealer reached out to me confirming the Specs, Color, transmission and interior trim.

Latest: Got a call from my dealer yesterday as they received demo and I was quick to get a test drive of GR86 (unfortunately automatic, that's all they got now) at my dealership.

The dealer still has no information from Toyota in Final pricing (in dealer system) - I am still awaiting to sign final contract.

No information on delivery at this stage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi guys, I have read somewhere that the top trim on BRZ in Australia has 6 speakers whereas GR86 GTS comes with 8 speakers. I am not an audiophile by any means but I definitely do not want to have a crappy audio system in my car as I listen to music while driving.

I am looking to buy a MT and, as you all know by now, GR86 is freaking overpriced and $4.5k more expensive than the equivalent BRZ. However, if the 8 speakers in GR86 are noticeably better than 6 speakers in BRZ, I might just suck it up and go for GR86 only for the superior audio system.

what are your thoughts on this? do you think the 8 speakers in GR86 is worth the extra $4.5k?

This is all you need my guy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The dealer offered me clearcoat protection with lifetime warranty for bird crap stains etc and window tinting. What are peoples thoughts on getting paint protection from a dealership, this is my first new car - paint protection and tinting was $1.6k. At this point I mentioned how disappointed I was with Toyota price gouging the manual and she mentioned their team was discussing last night. She's going to discuss with her manager about a discount on the price and get back to me Monday - there will be a discount is the feeling I got just don't know how much yet. I'll also get more of an idea on delivery time but she thinks before the end of the year. She mentioned the 15th of every month is when Toyota send out allocations to the dealerships.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer FINALLY got their demo in today, it’s going through it’s set up so it’s all registered and working. Then I’ve got my test drive first thing Saturday morning, where hopefully I can see a proper time frame for the car and consider signing papers 🤘

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just an update, I've been offered a couple hundred off the paint protection and window tinting package, and $1,160 off the car. It's a consolation prize but I feel at least satisfied now, especially because the dealership has been great to me.
That's great! better than anything else I have seen so far
If possible can you please send the contract so that I can show it to my dealer and try and get some negotiations going. 🤞

·
Super Moderator
1,702 Posts
That's great! better than anything else I have seen so far
If possible can you please send the contract so that I can show it to my dealer and try and get some negotiations going. 🤞
Toyota don't have a price guarantee policy any longer (recent announcement), so good luck securing any discounts when it comes time to do the final registered new car contract.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Liberty RSK B4 Auto
16 Posts
Peter Kittle Toyota in South Australia have rung me as of 2 seconds ago and offered me a GR86 GTS in Pearl White (Manual) arriving in about 4 weeks.

There's 1 lady in front of me in the queue. She said no, I've now said no.

At this stage I'm unsure if I'm going to get my deposit back and focus on a ring (exciting) and a house (also exciting) haha!
Been over a year since I laid down my initial deposit and now they're finally happening... Lots has changed for me personally since then....

Just updating here to let people know that it's happening :)

I'm not sure if there's ways to transfer names of people in the queue, but they have said it's 12 months roughly (or July Q3 2023) for custom ordered ones. 1100 units being delivered (might be old info lmao)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Peter Kittle Toyota in South Australia have rung me as of 2 seconds ago and offered me a GR86 GTS in Pearl White (Manual) arriving in about 4 weeks.

At this stage I'm unsure if I'm going to get my deposit back and focus on a ring (exciting) and a house (also exciting) haha!
Been over a year since I laid down my initial deposit and now they're finally happening... Lots has changed for me personal since then however.

I'm not sure if there's ways to transfer names of people in the queue, but they have said it's 12 months roughly (or July Q3 2023) for custom ordered ones. 1100 units being delivered (might be old info lmao)
might have to give them a call 😅

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Liberty RSK B4 Auto
16 Posts
might have to give them a call 😅
I think you'll find the list of people to call would have been quite a few! Don't think anyone's going to give up a top of the line manual in pearl white.... I just have different circumstances now :) Go get em tiger! I'm praying for u :D

Again, I don't know if I can transfer people in the queue but i'm leaning very heavily towards not picking one up, rather someone who 100% wants one get it now and not get scalped half to death!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,074 ·

Been over a year since I laid down my initial deposit and now they're finally happening... Lots has changed for me personally since then....

I had my deposit down at the same dealership, I don’t think you can transfer the deposit as it’s not a direct line in the queue. But that’s 3 people at one dealership all turning away within a week.

·
Registered
BRZ S (Limited) Manual Silver
498 Posts
I had my deposit down at the same dealership, I don’t think you can transfer the deposit as it’s not a direct line in the queue. But that’s 3 people at one dealership all turning away within a week.
Wow. Toyota Australia’s pricing policy is blowing up in their face. However, the waiting list for BRZ’s must be blowing out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I drove the new GR86 top of range Auto today; a few surprises 1/ No spare wheel but a good looking pump-up kit and flat boot same as the BRZ and 86 in the USA (or room for an after market Space Saver Spare) 2/ NO GPS in ANY of the models, you need to hook up your Google Maps on IPhone or Android, so there is no audio warning for fixed speed cameras and no handy speed limit sign on the screen. 3/ Both the Top of range Manual and Auto are a snip over $50K on the road 4/ A 7 year Engine and Trans Warranty 5/ Ride is slightly firmer picking up more road imperfections etc around town 5/ I personally thought that the grey on black interior trim was bland compared to the BRZ 6/ Sales staff had no idea whatsoever on delivery times. No other obvious differences except for handling (previously mentioned on various reviews) which with 250K on the clock I didn't test out; so very happy I committed to my BRZ.

·
Registered
BRZ S (Limited) Manual Silver
498 Posts
I drove the new GR86 top of range Auto today; a few surprises 1/ No spare wheel but a good looking pump-up kit and flat boot same as the BRZ and 86 in the USA (or room for an after market Space Saver Spare) 2/ NO GPS in ANY of the models, you need to hook up your Google Maps on IPhone or Android, so there is no audio warning for fixed speed cameras and no handy speed limit sign on the screen. 3/ Both the Top of range Manual and Auto are a snip over $50K on the road 4/ A 7 year Engine and Trans Warranty 5/ Ride is slightly firmer picking up more road imperfections etc around town 5/ I personally thought that the grey on black interior trim was bland compared to the BRZ 6/ Sales staff had no idea whatsoever on delivery times. No other obvious differences except for handling (previously mentioned on various reviews) which with 250K on the clock I didn't test out; so very happy I committed to my BRZ.
Toyota warranty is better but no spare? Interesting. No standard Sat Nav? Surprising, but maybe not a big deal with CarPlay…but a curious difference anyway. Toyota’s positioning is surprising.

·
Super Moderator
1,702 Posts
Toyota warranty is better but no spare? Interesting. No standard Sat Nav? Surprising, but maybe not a big deal with CarPlay…but a curious difference anyway. Toyota’s positioning is surprising.
Car play has a few issues, so hopefully they have sorted them. I actually use the in built GPS, but that's mostly because I have managed to get my Andriod Auto working for the grand total of one day - half of the first day, and half of the first day I got my new phone.

First time I am not sure what went wrong, second time I updated the phones operating system and suddenly it wouldn't work. I haven't really bothered to do more than clearing the devices on both the phone and the head unit, but that didn't work.

1061 - 1080 of 1132 Posts