Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
321 - 340 of 360 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,484 Posts
I’d like to see the base 86 around $1k to $2k cheaper than the base BRZ given that it will have a cheaper wheel and tire package. So starting from $42k drive away maybe?
It will be interesting to see if they do release a lower spec tire variant. Most people would expect more than 1k difference that's for sure, the Subaru is around 1k and that's with the same tires. Lower specs are generally less profitable, which in this world of limited supply has caused an lot of car companies to remove those cut price bottom trims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd be fine with a base model if it weren't for the seat fabric and sound system. I don't care for any of the other USDM premium model features.
That's the thing, there are some features you really want and some you dont care. I like that subaru kept it simple so the only difference is the seat which I dont care, have not used the heated seat even once in my gen 1. If 17 inch wheels are used in the base model, I expect it to be significantly cheaper than the brz.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you guys have any plans once you take delivery? I for one will tint it myself, give PPF protection a shot myself, strip the interior and cover it with sound deading, and speakers. Also, change out the ugly base model 17"s for some lightweight flow-formed wheels maybe with a nice polished lip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you guys have any plans once you take delivery? I for one will tint it myself, give PPF protection a shot myself, strip the interior and cover it with sound deading, and speakers. Also, change out the ugly base model 17"s for some lightweight flow-formed wheels maybe with a nice polished lip.
Do you have a source for ppf rolls? I'm also interested in taking a crack at it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you have a source for ppf rolls? I'm also interested in taking a crack at it.
Not at this stage, I think it would make life easier if you can get precut PPF for GR86, going to try to find some Xpel precut film but also buy some PPF roll to practise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pretty sure we will get 2 trims, my dealership sent me this photo saying my preorder was converted to an order and my car might be built by October. 2 GR86s on the screen, one with GT and the other with GTS.
View attachment 12037
Anyone else been advised their preorder has been converted to an actual order with Toyota Aust?
Have checked with my dealer who said there dosen't seem to be anything in the system for him to access yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone else been advised their preorder has been converted to an actual order with Toyota Aust?
Have checked with my dealer who said there dosen't seem to be anything in the system for him to access yet.
My dealer replied
I asked my dealer if he had any further info and he just said, "Will be in touch as soon as it becomes official" lol

321 - 340 of 360 Posts