·
Registered
22 Posts
If it was white I would have been interested.... I don't know bout that orange

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
I am totally against GR club members being given priority access to these limited models also. Gazoo had zero to do with the first gen 86, the only way you can be a GR member was to own a Yaris GR or a Supra, both of those cars are nothing to do with 86’s or brz’s. priority should be given to those who literally paid for deposits during 2021 with zero information on the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I like the colour and the inclusion of the TRD exhaust. Each to their own.
I can understand giving preference to GR club members even though I am not one. As a business it promotes a deeper connection to the club.
Does it actually have that exhaust? I only saw that on the US version - didn't see any mention on the Aus article (also misses out on the black spoiler, wheels and striping... of course).

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,702 Posts
If you are after a special edition, I'd wait for ones that come with a performance pack personally.

Though the colour is a bit out there, I don't think it will look too bad on the road, probably very rare that's for sure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does it actually have that exhaust? I only saw that on the US version - didn't see any mention on the Aus article (also misses out on the black spoiler, wheels and striping... of course).
You are right - it doesn't come with the exhaust. Just cosmetic.
Don't mind missing out on this, though I personally have been wanting a bright orange car since I saw the orange Megane RS

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,702 Posts
Makes you feel like we are in for another price rise.

Subaru raised the price a little in may, along with a lot of other cars, however just recently they raised the price of the '23 forester by almost 2k across the entire range (no new features, purely explained as production and logistics costs).

Toyota might be holding the pricing announcement to align with a Subaru increase - something they would not want to have Toyota telegraph.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hopefully Toyota give us a tasty intro/launch price like the GR Yaris.

Toyota may give us a good price at the start as it’s tied to the BRZ pricing and that is fresh off a moderate recent increase so they may not want to increase again so quickly. Probably guaranteed a price rise for 2023 (2nd /3rd batch) though.

I am ok with up with an increase but if it’s going to get jammed up by $2k I’ll probably give the whole thing a miss.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hopefully Toyota give us a tasty intro/launch price like the GR Yaris.

Toyota may give us a good price at the start as it’s tied to the BRZ pricing and that is fresh off a moderate recent increase so they may not want to increase again so quickly. Probably guaranteed a price rise for 2023 (2nd /3rd batch) though.

I am ok with up with an increase but if it’s going to get jammed up by $2k I’ll probably give the whole thing a miss.
What do you think the price will be based on the BRZ?

301 - 320 of 1132 Posts