Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
So i reached out to my local Toyota dealer - Torque Toyota here in North Brisbane.
I was told they had been given no release date, nor could he confirm that the vehicle would even be released. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, because it even says on the Toyota Australia page to register your interest for release later this year and now I have this random guy trying to tell me that they don't know if it's even being released in Australia. He then went on to tell me that if anything changed and they did were to confirm a release date, he would get in touch. That dealership just lost my business and I will definitely be going somewhere else that wants to be a bit more helpful.
In brendale? Thats where i put my deposit in, i kinda laughed a bit when the lady who was trying to upsell me tints said we know nothing about this car whether or if it has quator glass on the sides n expected me to approve tints for 600$

Haha

Nvm mine is sky fleet

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
So a few early deposit people in SA, but not a huge amount. I took photos of the BRZ on display at all Japan day earlier in the year. I’ve not seen a new BRZ since, it’s a rare kinda car here still.
Found an online article which said 50 new BRZ’s have been delivered to the Jarvis Subaru dealership in Adelaide, that surprises me I’ve not really seen one yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I put down the deposit for BRZ the week before (Jan 2023 Delivery) and then deposit for GR86 yesterday, the toyota dealer said that expect end of July for AU release and first batch will be here late Q3 / early Q4, not sure if that's solid or not though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I put down the deposit for BRZ the week before (Jan 2023 Delivery) and then deposit for GR86 yesterday, the toyota dealer said that expect end of July for AU release and first batch will be here late Q3 / early Q4, not sure if that's solid or not though.
That is what I heard quite often at this stage.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,301 Posts
That's what they are saying. What we don't know is how wide the pipe is for Australia.

The rates on car finance might make the prospect of owning one a little sooner a possibility though - I imagine there will be a few additional ones that fall over at finance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's what they are saying. What we don't know is how wide the pipe is for Australia.

The rates on car finance might make the prospect of owning one a little sooner a possibility though - I imagine there will be a few additional ones that fall over at finance.
Just curious how much they are have you checked, I'm ok to finance 50% at 7% for 2 yrs

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
Just curious how much they are have you checked, I'm ok to finance 50% at 7% for 2 yrs
I think 7 is about where they have gone to. So about double what they were three months ago.

Only really matters if your taking a long term loan without a big deposit. You are not doing either so a doubling of interest doesn't really make a huge amount of difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No sign of the cars yet but I just ordered a set of Volk Racing TE37 Saga S-Plus in 17x9 +42 in bronze to hopefully go on a white GR86.

ETA is end of Feb 2023 then another few weeks to get them here from Japan 😐. That's the longest wait time I've ever come across for car parts!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was looking for some shoes also VOLK TE37SL
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Bicycle part

I want to stick to 17"s tho, I think they cost about 10% of what the car cost so will most likely get something cheaper.:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking for some shoes also VOLK TE37SL

I want to stick to 17"s tho, I think they cost about 10% of what the car cost so will most likely get something cheaper.:(
There is a huge range of Enkei wheels available in 17x9 +45 which should be perfect fitment with some 245/40R17s and you can probably get away with 4mm slip-on spacers up front without extended studs MAYBE (yes spacers are illegal but there is only one wheel, the Apex EC-7R, that has the right offset both front and back and they're sold out already anyway).

I'm not intending to mod this car much so the few mods that it gets, I'm treating myself haha.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I might just stick to 17" by 7.5 to 8wide with 215 tyres. I feel wide tyres and big wheels corrupts the driving experience and makes it harder to kick the tail out for road shenanigans

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
I might just stick to 17" by 7.5 to 8wide with 215 tyres. I feel wide tyres and big wheels corrupts the driving experience and makes it harder to kick the tail out for road shenanigans
Your tire compound will make a bigger difference. Certainly though skinnier tires change direction quicker and add to that nimbleness. This isn't gen 1s 110kw's at the wheels, this is a good 150 at the wheels and still without a real lot of weight on those rear tires.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts